35. Michael Emerson (The Lost Boys)

For Rose_Ravenholt

*Third POV*

"You new around here?" Valarie asked the boy she noticed staring her way and looking very lost.

His eyes widened a fraction. "Me? Uh, yeah. Actually, I just moved here from Phoenix."

"Sounds hot." She smirked, as he smiled down at his shoes before looking back at her. "Need a tour guide?"

"That sounds great."

She showed him all the good hangouts and gave him all the ins and outs of Santa Carla lifestyle.

"The day crowd on the boardwalk is nothing compared to the one at night. You can hardly moved your arm without hitting someone's ass." They both laughed at her exaggeration, but she continued more seriously. "You have to be careful at night. Strange people like to come around when it's dark out."

Michael glanced around, pointedly gesturing towards the beach bums and various people with questionable hairstyles. "No stranger than anyone else I've seen, I'm sure. Besides, I'm a big boy. I can take care of myself." He winked as he said this, however, her expression did not change.

"Just be careful, new guy," she warned. "I have to go, but we can meet up here tomorrow around this time, if you want."
___________

"Where's Michael?" Valarie questioned David. "How could you not tell me you turned him!"

David exchanged a look with Paul. "Sorry, Val. If you're not here, you don't get the gossip." He sat back, looking pleased with himself.

She glowered at him before running out of the cave, going straight to Michael's house. When she went up to the door to knock, she could hear a great commotion inside.

Knock knock!

The door flew open, with Michael looking wild and confused. Behind him, his younger brother was practically screaming his head off.

"My brother! A vampire!" The blond boy hollered.

Michael whipped his head around. "Shut up, Sam."

"No! I won't! You tried to kill me dog, you bloodsucking asshole!" Sam noticed Valarie standing in the doorway. "Who's this? One of your vampire friends?" He spat out the word like it tasted bad. "I bet she's the one that turned you into this monster!" He turned to Valarie, who was unsure of how to approach the angry boy. "Did you do this? Wait 'til I tell Mom!"

"I'm just here to help," she said calmly.

It took nearly half an hour to convince Sam that Valarie was not, in fact, the culprit, but that she was only there to help Michael.

"But you are a vampire, aren't you?" he asked, still looking suspicious.

"Half." Valarie moved in her seat. "In order to be a full vampire, I'd have to drink someone's blood."

Michael was sitting on the stairs, head in hands. "I'll be fine, Valarie. Really. I don't think I'll be needing any help."

Sam shook his head, becoming over- dramatic once again. "Nuh uh. No way, man. If you're gonna be a vampire, half or not, you're getting help."

"Sam-"

Valarie chimed in (with a 'haven't you people ever heard of..). "Michael, he's right. I remember how difficult it was for me when I first turned. Please let me help you."
___________

"I know the urges are difficult," Valarie assured Michael, who was fairly distraught.

"It's so hard," he groaned. "I ate a rare steak, and even that didn't do anything."

Michael's mom peeked her head into the bedroom. "Oh, Michael, you have company." She nervously giggled. "I'm Lucy."

Valarie smiled and politely shook her hand. "Valarie. I'm Michael's friend."

"Oh, it's so nice to finally meet one of Michael's new friends. He's always gone," she faded out towards the end but recovered with a smile. "Well, do you kids want some food?"

"No," Michael huffed, before quickly adding, "thank you."

"Okay," his mother replied, before quietly leaving the room. "It was nice to meet you Valarie. I hope you'll be over another time."

"Of course." Valarie turned at Michael. "Your mom is nice. Does she- you know- know?"

"No. That's not exactly something that just comes up at family dinner." He sighed heavily. "Not that I've been to too many of those lately." He looked at Valarie, taking note of how her dark hair was pushed back and the way her eyes were focused on him. "You have pretty eyes."

She grinned, looking down. "That's cheesy as hell."

He shrugged. "It's true. Would you mind going out with me one night?"

"Sure, but it's a vampire custom that the first date must be to sacrifice a loved one," she answered, straight faced.

One look at his horrified expression put her into fits of laughter.

"You're kidding, right?"

"Of course. Death is optional."

Guess who's not dead! Me. Yeah so I've just kinda been in a writer's block kinda ?? Oh well. It's here. I hope you liked it! And I'm so sorry you waited so long!! Thank you for requesting and being so patient. M'kay.

~Mariah