Chapter 1

Rose's POV:
Sighing, I blindly roll over to shut off my annoying alarm. It's just Wednesday and I already have enough of this week.

Lately the boys from the hockey team and the cheerleaders find it extremely funny to bully me as often as possible and since they are in more than half of my classes they can get to me all the time. Mason, the leader if the team, asked me out a a few months ago but I rejected him. I just didn't have time for a boyfriend and I also didn't want one. He on the other hand couldn't accept that a girl said no to him.

Therefore he decided to turn the others against me. Also the 'popular' girl from school Beth, has a crush in him so it wasn't hard to have the cheerleader team on his side. I rub my eyes, before starting at the ceiling.

Maybe Liam has time today. At least then I would have something to look forward too. I grab my phone, unlocking it to see that I have a message from. I smile, opening the chat.

Liam❤️: Good morning babe. I can pick you up after school if you want. I have basketball training later though so I can't that long
You: Morning xx Don't worry, see you then💕

Liam doesn't go to this school but fortunately he lives not far away from my house. Knowing that I can't skip all the classes again, I stroll into the bathroom, taking a black skirt and a long sleeve shirt with me. I splash water into my pale face, before putting on a bit of makeup so I don't look like a complete zombie.

After that I braid my hazel brown shoulder long hair. Taking a deep breath I eye myself in the mirror. I hate my eyes. Why can't they just be normal? I take my school stuff before heading downstairs.  „Good Morning sweetheart. What do you want for breakfast?" my grandma asks, stepping out of the kitchen. „Nothing. I'm almost late to school." I answer, grabbing an apple. „But you need to eat something." she says.

„I'll eat in school. See you." I respond, slipping on my jeans jacket and converse. I put my headphones in and make my way down the street. The school is about 10 minutes away from my home so I walk everyday. The slightly cool breeze of the autumn air. I love autumn.

All the colorful leaves and the beautiful scenery. I arrive in school, already seeing the group of the boys surrounded by the cheerleaders standing besides a wall. It's like their meeting point where they have everyone in sight. I try to walk past them quickly but as always they noticed me.

„Ohh look who we have their." I hear one of them shout. „Hey Alien! Did your er colors change again? Maybe to pink or something." Mason shouts, approaching me with the others. I turn around again wanting to walk away but my back hits the chest of someone. „Where do you think you are going?" Jack, another one of the team chuckles. „I just want to go to class please." I say quietly, pressing my books and papers tighter to my chest.

„The Alien can speak?" Beth asks, twirling her blondish her in her fingers. „How sweet. Do you have the homework I asked you to do." Mason asks, his piercing blue eyes boring into mine. Shit. I forgot to make it. Oh no. He'll be so mad. „I-I forgot. I'm sorry." I stutter, feeling how my chest begins to tighten, my heart beating faster. „Sorry doesn't help me now you little b*tch." He grumbles, stepping nearer.

„Mason. Don't worry we'll take care of her later. She's not worth it." Beth says, smiling sweetly at him. God. I hate her high pitched voice so much. Like she said once, she can have everyone. Why doesn't she leave me alone then? „Hmm. I hope you have a good punishment for her."

„Oh I have." Beth grind devilishly, the other girls giggling behind her. „Great." Mason says, looking one more time down at me, before heading towards the school. While he walks past me he shoves my books out of my hand with his elbow causing everything to fall onto the floor. I duck down, hearing laughter from their group and I could feel everyone around me staring. I don't blame them. I wouldn't stand up to the popular ones for me either.

„Hey are you okey?" I suddenly hear. My head snaps up seeing a red haired girl standing there. „oh... uh yeah." I mumble, collecting the sheets. „Are you sure?" she asks, kneeling down to help me.  „Yeah I am. Thanks." I say, taking the papers from her. „I'm Ava and I'm new here. You are?" she smiles. „Rose. I need to go." I say, showing a small smile. „Wait. Could you help me find my class? I don't know anyone here." Ava asks, walking besides me.

„You don't want to know me. Trust me.
It's better if you don't talk to me." I say. „What why? Because of those idiots? Let me guess. The popular girls and boys." She says, rolling her eyes. „Yeah but I'm sorry I can't help you." I reply, quickly walking away from her. I don't want that they hate her too because of me.
I head towards my first class.

After painfully boring lessons and successfully shutting down Ava, I finally have my last one. Maths. No I'm not good in maths but also not that bad if I have some help. „Good Morning class. To make it short we are going to write a little test about the current theme tomorrow.

Study for it if you don't really get it." Mr. Harrison says, coming into the room. Great. Maybe Liam can help me. I pull my phone out of my pocket, to text him. Shortly after, I get a reply.

Liam❤️: Sorry Rose but we have to meet up another time. I can't today. Love you.
You: Oh it's okey. Love you too.

Weird. Normally he never cancels our plans. He's a bit distant lately... maybe he's busy with school. I shouldn't worry that much, should I? I shake my head, trying to get the negative thoughts out of my head. I'm overreacting.

As the lesson ends I wait till the others leave before heading out aswell. I see Ava spotting me from down the hall and before she started to walk I disappear into the bathroom. What does this girl want from me? I wait a few moments to make sure she doesn't come in. Just as I round the corner, I almost bump into someone.

„Oh here you are." I hear my favourite voice in the entire voice say. „Let's have some fun girls." Beth says to the others, grinning before she pushes me back harshly.