Chapter 22

Shawn's POV:
„That b*tch asked you to kiss Rose?!" Grace shouts angrily as she walks after me into the bathroom. „Yes I told you that a couple of times now." I reply, rolling my eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me! Why would she want you to kiss Rose, if you already told her you wanna keep it private. Huh?" she asks angrily, putting her hands on her hips.

"Babe, we've been discussing this for more than ten minutes now. I don't know, okey? Some interviewers are just rude and demanding." I sigh, changing into my black nike T-shirt. Discussing is not really the word for our conversation.

More like she's shouting and I'm Just trying to get into the gym after meeting someone. „Was it a man or a woman?" Grace questions, stepping in front of me. „A woman. Why?" „I heard Rose talk to someone on the phone or something." she says, narrowing her eyes at me.

"And?" I question, turning to leave the bathroom. Shit. What did she say? „She said that the interviewerin was suddenly so mad at you. Then she shouted at you and left. Why would she do that?"

"I don't know Grace." I say, gathering my shorts and earphones. „Stop walking away from me. I'm not that stupid. What's going on Shawn?" She says and I could hear her voice crack, causing me to stop my actions.

I turn around to meet her angry gaze but I could see how much she struggles to hold back her tears. Great. Yes, I know that I cheated on her more than once but that doesn't mean that I don't care about her. She's my girlfriend for a reason after all.

Even though sometimes I question which reason that is. But why should I break up with her? That would just mean drama and I don't have the nerves for that. „Babe." I say, cupping her cheeks with my hand.

"She didn't believe that Rose and I are ‚together' so I was quite rude to her. She probably just snapped as we refused to kiss." I add, kissing her lips softly. Grace  pulls back, eyeing me skeptically before she eventually nods.

"Oh." she mumbles, letting her hands fall to her side. „I'm going to the gym now and then we can watch a movie or something okey?" I ask, pressing another kiss to her forehead.

„Why don't we do that now and you go to the gym tomorrow?" Grace pouts, wrapping her arms around my neck. „Babe, you know that I have an earlier flight tomorrow." I grab my phone and a  waterbottle, before heading towards the door.

"Okey fine." I hear her sigh, as I close it behind me. I take the elevator down to the lobby before checking if there's anyone from the others. Since I don't see anyone, I head out of the hotel towards an alley besides it.

"Hello-." My breath gets caught in my throat as I'm being pushed against the wall. „Look Mendes, I'm only here to warn you. Your little manager is getting suspicious again. Make sure he doesn't notice it this time." the all too familiar man warns.

"I will." I say, trying not to let him intimidate me. That could be a terrible mistake. „Good." he grumbles, before disappearing just as fast as he appeared. I sigh, leaning my back against the wall as I hear a cracking noise above me, making me look up.

I see how long hair gets pulled inside before the window closes. Shit... Where is Rose's room again? It probably wasn't even her... I hope. She seems way to curious and nosy.

I decide to head back in again acting like nothing happened only to see the one and only standing there, so I decide to walk over to her. „What are you doing here?" I ask, taking her by surprise.

She turns around, raising her eyebrows. After finally getting an answer out of her I head towards the gym. She said she was about to go there too. I didn't believe her as I started to lift weights but soon the door opens, revealing her in an all black outfit.

Damn... Leggins really suit her. I never said she's not hot, just to clarify. She starts to run on the treadmill and I continue to focus on my training. After a while I put the weight into the holder, sitting up breathlessly.

I drink something and stand up to take off my shirt since it's so hot in here.
As I look over to Rose I notice that she's already staring at me. I smirk, watching as her eyes widen and her cheeks flush.

I knew that I had an affect on her. Let's see how much. I start to walk towards Rose as I suddenly hear a thud, seeing her now lying on the floor, her eyes shut painfully.

"Rose?" I ask, trying my best to hold back a laugh. "You should turn the treadmill off before stopping to run." I stretch my hand out, helping her to stand up. "Did you hurt yourself?" I ask.

"No I'm fine." She mumbles, her cheeks redder than ever. "What was distracting you so much?" I ask, grinning. I see how the redish color leaves her face as her eyes grow a little wider. She looks behind me, a grin taking place on her face. "Austin was pretty distracting you know."

Wait what? Austin? Since when is he here? I turn around, watching him wave at Rose. Was he there the whole time? God, I don't know but there's something about him I don't like. I take my stuff, walking past them.

"Already finished? I thought we could make a competition. Your girlfriend decides who wins." Austin says, as I was about to walk through the door.

"Maybe another time. My girlfriend and I still have to shower and everything, you know." I let my gaze wander over Rose one more time, seeing her biting her lip. I wink at her, before she takes her phone and water following me outside.

I honestly don't know why, I just did that but making her uncomfortable is so fun. I chuckle lightly, reaching into my pocket to take my phone which just buzzed.
.
Aaliyah: It actually should be a surprise but Mom and I are visiting you tomorrow in Vienna! Surprise!
.
Great. Now I have to act all in love with Rose, also behind the camera.