Chapter 107

Rose's POV:
"They are right" I say quietly and sit down on one of the chairs, exhaling deeply.

"Yeah! How can they talk like this? It's just- wait, what?" Shawn questions puzzled, after he realized I didn't agree with was he was saying.

"They are right." I repeat, looking up from the floor. Shawn's eyebrows furrow in confusion as he examines me cluelessly. "What do you mean? They are not-"

"They are, Shawn! Your parents are totally right. There's no time for a baby! And I don't want to be the one who ruined your life. You are living your dream. You can't give that up for a stupid mistake." I cut him off, shaking my head vigorously.

"We have never really thought about things like that. We have been to caught up in all that "perfect little family" stuff. It won't be like that.

Now you say you wouldn't care if you have to give up your career but trust me, you would regret it your whole life. You would be unhappy and I don't want to just sit there and wait for it." I say, finally speaking out loud what I kept inside me the whole time.

I had doubts from the start but I pushed them away. Now that others persons think like that too, I just have another confirmation that this baby isn't a good idea.

"Rose, are you even listening to yourself? Why do you suddenly let my parents change your mind? Who cares if they accept it?! I want it. I want our baby and I want you. I thought you did too?" Shawn asks and I could hear hurt in his voice, which makes me feel guilty.

Still, it's the best for him not to have a child right now and he will realize that sooner or later.

"That doesn't matter, Shawn. I couldn't live with myself if you gave up what you love the most." I reply, a tear slipping out of my eye. I quickly wipe it away with the sleeve of my hoodie but I couldn't control it anymore.

Hiding my face in my hands, I silently sob. Why does everything have to be so complicated all the damn time? I shrug, as I suddenly feel his large warm hands covering mine. Gently he pulls them away from my face and intertwines our fingers.

"Hey shh." He coos, kneeling down in front of me. Rolling my eyes, I attempt to get out of his grip bit he just holds onto me tighter. "Shawn-"

"Can you please listen to me? Without any interruptions." Shawn questions, softly. Once again I try to pry my hands away. Again without success, so I sigh defeatedly. He won't let me go if I don't let him talk anyways. "Fine." I mumble.

"First I have to ask you. Are you sure it's about my career or are you maybe scared because of your health? It's not selfish to be scared, Rose. I understand if you don't want to take that risk."

"My health?" A dry chuckle leaves my lips as I shake my head. "I couldn't care less about that."

"So you practically tell me, I should accept that you risk your life for the baby but I can't even risk my career?" Shawn questions, raising his eyebrow. "Uh..." I murmur, bot knowing how to reply. I guess...

"See? Your life is so much more worth than what I'm doing and still you would give it up. Listen, there's nothing in this world that I love more than you and this litte one here." Shawn smiles, letting go of one of my hands to stroke gently over my stomach.

"Don't even try to tell me that I will regret it. I won't. I would never regret something so beautiful and I would definitely never regret a family with you. You want to know why?" Shawn asks, his smile growing even more as he gazes up to me.

"Yeah." I whisper, frowning. "Because you, Rose Anderson, are the f*cking love of my life. As cheesy as it sounds but it's true. There's nothing I could regret when it is with you." Shawn responds, leaning down to kiss my belly over my shirt.