Chapter 92

Rose's POV:
"Oh my god, that's so cool. I would love to travel around as much as you do but my boyfriend hates flying." Scarlett, who introduced herself to me earlier, chirps followed by an eye roll.

„Just give him sleeping tablets." I joke, chuckling at how quirky and actually really sweet she is. While Shawn was employed with some of his friends, she came over to me, being one of the few not drunk persons here.

I'm glad she did, since the only thing I had to do, was reading old messages on my phone to pass the time. "I might do that." Scarlett hums, pursing her lips as she thinks. "I was kidding. Then at least tell him before you do." I reply, laughing lightly. She just shrugs her shoulders, smiling devilishly.

I shake my head amused, sipping on my drink with the black and green stripped straw. Grimacing, I swallow the bitter liquid, leaving a burning trail down my throat, causing me almost to cough but I hold it back. "Not a fan of that stuff huh?" Scarlett giggles, making a face herself as she gulps it down.

„Me neither." She croaks out, hitting her chest with the palm of her hand. "I think someone wants you to come over." I say, nodding towards her boyfriend who is standing at the bar, next to the little stage that is built up outside a huge house.

„Mhm... I guess you are wanted too." She smiles, her eyes wandering between Shawn and me, who has been gazing over at us since we sit here on the garden chairs. No, we haven't made up yet.

„I doubt that." I mumble but Scarlett is already standing, pulling at my arm to make me follow her.

Sighing, I stumble after her, not wanting to sit there alone between drunk people who think they are a mega star, bragging about their luxurious life. I didn't even know Shawn's friend, who is throwing this birthday party. Some sort of rapper, if I remember correctly.

"Hey babe and hey Shawn's girlfriend. I'm Logan." A tall, blonde boy greets stretching out his tattooed left arm to take for me. "Rose." I simply respond, a small smile on my lips.

While the others tell me their names aswell, Shawn snakes his arm around my side, closing the gap that was between our bodies by pulling me closer.

I could smell the alcohol on him, making me scrunch up my nose. I wonder how drunk he already is.

By now Shawn stands behind me, having me secured in his hold but I don't do anything, not wanting to cause a scene. He probably doesn't even remember that we has a fight and to be honest, I don't want to be mad at him anymore.
I think...

Relaxing a bit, I resting my back more against him. "I love that perfume so much." He suddenly whispers after leaning down to my ear. His soft lips brush against it before he presses a kiss to my cheek, making me shove him lightly.

„Keep your drunk self together." I mumble to him but Shawn only chuckles, his chest vibrating because of the sound. "I'm didn't drink that much. So now... tell me."

„Tell you what?" I ask, confused. "What I can do to stop you from being mad at me. I don't wanna fight anymore." Shawn whispers, before turning me around to face him.

„Honestly-" I start but keep my mouth shut, to prevent myself from getting angry again. "Nothing." I state, trying to get out of his grip but he doesn't let me.

"Shawn." I warn but he doesn't budge, this stupid cheeky grin on his face the whole time. "You are so cute when you are mad." He coos, attempting to pinch my cheeks but I slap his hand away.

„Seriously? Just have fun with your friends and maybe we can talk when you are not drunk anymore tomorrow." I mutter quietly, so we don't attract the others attention even though they seem to be more interested in what's going on, on the stage anyways.

„I told you, I'm not drunk." Shawn chuckles. "Mhm." I hum, avoiding his gaze. "Come on hun, please don't make it that hard."

„Shawn? Shawn there you are! We are waiting her for you." A guy calls out, waving him over to the stage.

„Looks like you have to go." I state, taking this opportunity to walk away, standing somewhere near to the stage besides Scarlett. I watch as Shawn walks up to Camila who also walked up, immediately wrapping her arms around him.

Trying my best to not throw up in front of all of them, I take another drink. Maybe I need to loosen up a bit right? By the time Shawn and Camila are finished singing their song together, I already have my third drink half downed.

And believe me, I have no clue what this was but it was some quiet intense stuff. I can feel the giddiness finally taking over me but I also feel way more carefree. "So... the next song is for -"

„Me?" His friend shouts in a joking way, causing everyone to laugh. I raise my brow as Shawn's gaze meets mine, a slight grin set up on his plump lips. "Sorry birthday kid but no." Shawn chuckles, running a hand trough his messy hair before his eyes meet mine again.

"It's for my incredibly sweet, kind, sometimes too stubborn and gorgeous girlfriend right over there." Shawn corrects, smiling while pointing at me.

Automatically my cheeks flush as suddenly dozens of pairs of eyes are on me until Shawn finally starts to strum his guitar, nodding his head along. "This on is called Fallin' all in you." Shawn speaks into the microphone, taking a deep breath.

He is only doing that right now so I let our argument slip once again. Not with me, Mendes.

„Sunrise with you on my chest...no blinds in the place where I live..." The melody is beautiful... but still. I can't give in that easily.

"Still, we're changing our minds here... be yours, be my dear..." Shawn sings, the lyrics giving me goosebumps.

God, how should I stay mad when he does something like that? I let out a deep sigh. I have to admit, my mood swings are horrible sometimes and the alcohol is only adding to that.

„I can't see one thing wrong between the both of us..." As those words leave his lips he can't hold back a grin. Yeah Shawn, what where you thinking while writing that line? As much as I try, I just have to smile aswell. The song is too beautiful and sweet.

God... I will just get drunk so I don't remember tonight and continue to be mad at him tomorrow. That's a plan, isn't it? After he eventually finishes the people clap and aww's echo trough the room as Shawn approaches me.

„Haven't you had enough yet?" He questions ironically, downing the rest of my drink. "Nope." I giggle, hiccuping. Oh well, the alcohol is starting to kick in. "Do you like it?" Shawn asks, stepping a bit closer but I press my hand against his firm chest. "What?"

„The song, silly." "Hmm..." I mumble, tapping my chin as if I would really have to think about my answer. Shawn rolls his eyes, tilting his head to the left which looks extremely adorable... "I love it."

„Sorry what was that? I didn't hear it properly." Shawn says, his head inching closer to mine.

So close that his breath is hitting my lips, causing me to be at loss for words for a moment. "I said, I love it." I repeat, a wide smile appearing on his face. "That's good. I have been so worried that you won't." Shawn whispers.

Slowly, his fingertips move over the skin of my arm, up to my shoulder. I unintentionally try to take a step back as he erases the last bit of space between us, nosing touching gently.

"Mhm." I hum, biting my lower lip while my eyes wander from Shawn's lips up to his mesmerizing eyes. "Don't do that." He whispers, smoothly pulling it out of between my teeth.

„Why?" I ask, almost breathless as his warm hands glide over my waist an back. "Because I have the urge to take this upstairs." "And what's stopping you?" I question, kissing him once softly. "You are right..." Shawn answers, swiftly grabbing my hand to drag me along.

"Nothing." Giggling at how eager he suddenly is, we make our way through all the drunk and dancing people. All of a sudden, my breath hitches, causing me to almost trip but Shawn holds me up. "Everything okey?" He questions, furrowing his eyebrows. I hope so...

„Yeah yeah." I smile and he returns the gesture continuing to lead us into a room, locking the door right behind in.

„No interruptions anymore." Shawn chuckles and I do too, not thinking much of the weird feeling in my head. But maybe I should have listened to the annoying voice...