Chapter 118

Rose's POV:
„Do we have everything?" Shawn questions, looking through the suitcase, where we put the most essential stuff in, once again.

"Yes Shawn, we do and we can always buy what we forgot to take with us. We are going to California not the desert." I huff, crossing my arms impatiently.

"Yeah yeah, I know. Just making sure. Do you have you cream?" Shawn asks and I give him an annoyed groan as an answer.

"I got it. You want to leave." he sighs before leaning down to place a kiss on my forehead. A content grin takes its place on my lips as I nod, grabbing his hand to pull him along.

"Come here, princess." Shawn chuckles, motioning me to let him help me tie my shoes since I can't do it anymore. It's one of the things that annoy the hell out of me and that's why Shawn finds it extra funny.

"Shut up." I mutter as he kneels down in front of me to tie the laces together. „I didn't say anything." He protests after he finished and stands up again. „Your smile did." I state.

"You mean this absolutely charming and mesmerizing smile?" Shawn says, grinning sheepishly which makes me roll my eyes.

„Don't roll your eyes at me, young lady. I'm the one who will drive your butt many long hours to California." Shawn mocks and I playfully shove him out of the way.

"Well, but you get to spend many hours in one car with this cute butt." I joke, causing him to laugh loudly. Butterflies erupting in my stomach at the mere sound. „True." Shawn winks before, he takes our luggage and follows me out of the door.

"Wait. I forgot something." Shawn mentions, disappearing into the apartment once more until he returns shortly after with a camera hung around his neck with a black strap.

"Why do you need that?" I ask, confused why he doesn't just use his phone for landscape photos like he usually does. „Oh hun, we are going to take many maternity pictures." Shawn replies.

He pecks my lips sweetly and then we make our way outside. With the flowers I got for the graveyard in my one hand and the letter ai wrote for my grandma, we head towards the car. While Shawn puts our stuff in the trunk of his jeep, I start the playlist we once made for our relationship. Cheesy, I know but I love it.

‚Dusk till dawn' starts playing and I lean back into my seat while I wait for Shawn to get into the car. Soon he does so and starts the engine, pulling out of the driveway and onto the street.

"We have two more stops and then we can finally just drive, listen to music and eat junk food all night." I cheer, making my lovely boyfriend chuckle. „Rose-."

"Don't even start you made me eat healthy for most if the pregnancy. The baby and I deserve a treat." I cut him off and pat my really big bump.

Shawn just shakes his head amusedly as she places his warm hand on my bare thigh. It's actually so cliche but I always feel better when he does that. It makes me feel save and gives me the reassurance that he's with me, always.

„Your grandma first?" He questions as we near the house I used to live in. „Yes, please." I respond, taking out the letter I wrote for her a few days ago. „What's in there?" Shawn questions, glancing curiously at the envelope but I only shake my head.

"Nothing important." I state and kiss his cheek after the car came to a stop. I step out and make my way towards the front door, using the spare key I have to open it.

The smell of freshly baked muffins fills my nose as I stroll through the familiar hallway. I turn left into the kitchen to see my grandma getting Shawn's favourite sweets out of the oven, placing them next to a plate of donuts. Have I ever mentioned how much I love my her?