Chapter 52

Rose's POV (One week later):
„How's school Zoe?" I ask, smiling at the little girl on my laptop screen. „It's so fun. I don't get why everyone hates it." she exclaims, leaning against Carter chest. „You are going to understand soon." Carter says, causing me to chuckle.

„Let your sister be happy about school as long as she can." I scold him and he lifts his hands in surrender. „We miss you Rose. When are you coming back? You promised to go eat ice cream with me." Zoe pouts, leaning closer to the screen.

„I miss you guys too but I don't know yet, sweetie. I promise you, we are going to go eat Ice cream as soon as I'm back." I say. „Can't wait." Carter smiles and Zoe pokes him in the cheek with her tiny finger. „That's going to be a girls day Carter." she says and we laugh. She's so cute.

„That's mean Zoe. Rose is my best friend too." Carter says, acting hurt. „But she likes me more than you." Zoe says, crossing her arms. „No she doesn't, am I right Rose?" Carter asks and I roll my eyes at his childish behavior.

„I love you both. But Zoe a but more." I say winking, a big smile growing on the little girls face. „Told you, Carter!" she giggles. „Alright alright. It's time for bed, little one." Carter says, picking her up. „But-." „No but. I already let you stay awake longer than I was allowed to. I'll be right back." Carter says to me, bringing his sister upstairs.

I sadly smile, my heart aching lightly ad I remember how much fun we always had when we looked after his sister. I miss that so much but maybe soon it can be like it was. Or maybe not exactly like it was...

My phone vibrates next to me on the couch, so I take it seeing that I got a message from Shawn.
.
Shawn: What are you smiling about? It has to be me, right? ;)
.
I roll my eyes before looking up, seeing Shawn grinning at me from across the room. We are currently in LA for like two days, since the boys wrote a song which Shawn is recording here now. I shake my head amused as I type a reply.
.
You: Why would I tell you? Now stop watching me.
Shawn: Hey not so fast hunny. I jus asked and sorry I can't. You look too cute today.
You: So I just look cute today? Ouch.
Shawn: Omg don't start with that. So... what were you smiling about?
You: Not gonna tell you.
Shawn: Oh come on. :(
.
I chuckle, shutting my phone off before shaking my head at Shawn. He makes a puppy eye look but I just continue to ignore him and the messages he is sending. What we are? I don't know.

It's been a week since Shawn confessed that he has feelings for me and I didn't say no to giving him a chance but I also didn't say yes.

I just need time to think, so the others don't know about it as well. I do feel something for him but I'm scared to have something serious again. I scared to let him in. What if he becomes one of the most important persons in my life and then we fight and everything is over?

I know it's actually stupid to think about that already, before we even have something but I can't help it. I always overthink. What if he cheats on me too? I know he said it's different but still.

I don't know if I can fully trust him. And then there is Carter... we still haven't talked about the kiss. How would he react if he knew? Am I going to loose him? The screen of my phone lights up, causing me to look at it.
.
Shawn: Stop frowning a smile suits you better.
.
I try to fight a smile as I feel butterflies in my stomach. God... stop making me feel like that.
.
Shawn: Way better. :)
.
I glance over to Shawn, my cheeks flushing as I see him still staring at me. Luckily Carter comes back so I avert my eyes to the laptop screen again. "She couldn't stop telling me that you like her more than me." Carter says, sitting down on his bed.

„Sorry." I chuckle, leaning my head against my hand. "Anything special you are gonna do tonight?"

„No... maybe I'll just go with them to the concert or..." „Study like you actually should?" Carter chuckles. „Uh... no." I mumble. „Don't take it too easy. I don't want you to fail, Rose." „Okey mom." I huff, rolling my eyes. „Don't roll your eyes at me, young lady." Carter fake scolds me causing me to laugh.