Chapter 20

Rose's POV:
After a silent car ride, we finally arrive at the hotel. It's only half past 4 pm and I already have enough of this day. I grab my phone, seeing that I got a message from Carter.
.
Carter: Haven't heard from you today. Wanna FaceTime later? :)
You: Sure! I'll call you in a minute.
.
I smile, at the message. I never noticed how good it feels to have someone who cares about you. I guess I just need one of our talks. I always felt better after it. „Rose we are heading to the venue in about half an hour. If you want you can come but you don't have to. Maybe you should wait till you feel better." Andrew says, walking up to me.

„I'll stay here I think but don't worry, I'm fine." „Okey but stay in the hotel. We don't need a missing girlfriend article." Andrew responds, smiling before heading to his room. I follow him shortly after, heading into the direction of my room. As I round the corner I see Grace coming out of Shawn's one.

Why is she still here? As she sees me her somewhat worried expression turns into a serious one. The same as always when she sees me. Should I tell her or not? I know I already said she wouldn't believe me but I just can't get this thought out of my head. I sigh, silently walking past her but she stops in front of me as  call her name.

„What?" She asks, annoyed. "Are you not going to the concert?" I ask, not knowing how to start. She tilts her head, eyeing me skeptically before raising her eyebrow. "That's where I'm going now. I would be glad if I don't have to see you there tonight. So what do you want?" "Uh nothing..." I say, decide to go back into my room.

I walk past her without another word. It's not my problem what happens to their relationship. I shouldn't make such a big deal about it. "God this girl is such a waste of time." I hear her say, before the clicking of her high heel becomes audible again as she walks away.

I ignore the comment, changing into something comfortable as I got in my room. I let myself fall onto the soft mattress, my eyes flutter close but the buzzing of my phone makes me open them again.
.
Carter: I'm waiting! :p
.
I chuckle quietly, opening my laptop before calling Carter on FaceTime. It only needed two seconds for him answer, the screen showing his brightly smiling face. „Someone misses me, huh?" I tease, returning the smile.

He shakes his head, his messy blonde hair standing into every direction. That's so adorable. „Of course I miss you. It's boring without you." Carter says, leaning back into his chair. „Did you just stand up?" I ask, chuckling at the sight of him. His eyes look still so tired, even though he probably slept enough hours.

„Yes." he answers, yawning afterwards. „I deserve it okey? My boss is not in the best mood lately." He adds, crossing his arms. „Poor thing. At least you don't have to study anymore." I mutter, rolling my eyes.

„True. You didn't start to study though yet, right?" „Me? What are you talking about. I would never start too late to study." I say, waving my hands around exaggeratingly. „Mhm." Carter chuckles, rubbing his hand over his face.

We talk about anything and everything, the times flies as it's already 6 pm now. I really needed that. Finally talking to someone who isn't a jerk. „We have to see that movie when you are back." „Sure." I reply, lying down onto my stomach while setting the laptop in front of me.

„What is bothering you, Rose?" Carter asks, frowning. "What do you mean? Everything is fine." I answer, starting to play with the bracelet Carter and I once got together. "Rose." He sighs, placing his arms on the table which he is sitting behind. "It's stupid." I mumble, looking down.

„If it's upsets you it isn't stupid." He says, making me smile lightly. "Tell me." "Okey... it isn't even about me or not really..." I say, before meeting his concerned gaze again. "So uh... Shawn and I had been to an interview today and this woman starter to suddenly become mad at Shawn then she yelled at him and left.

Later I found out that Shawn cheats on his girlfriend for god know how long..." "The psycho you hate? I think she deserves it." Carter laughs, making me slightly angry.

"No one deserves that." I snap, not intending to sound as harsh as I did. "How can you say that? I still hate her but do you know how it feels when the person who you love  more than anything is fooling around with someone else? Or in Grace's case, probably with more than one other girl. Do you know how it feels if the person you love doesn't love you back?." Carters smile disappears, his hand running through his messy hair.

I swear I could hear something like 'I do know', making me frown. "What did you say?" I ask. "I'm sorry if I made you angry. You are right no one deserves that." Carter says, guilt washing over his face as he looks up to me again.

He probably noticed that I was talking about Liam in my last sentence. "No it's fine. I'm sorry that I overreacted a bit. I know you didn't mean it like that." I sigh, contemplating wether I should ask him about what I heard him say or what I think I heard him say. I have an idea.

We'll play truth or dare. Maybe he tell me. "Rose, I know Grace's situation reminds you of your own but I don't think you can do much about it. Don't worry, they'll fix that on their own and if not, then she'll find someone better." "You are right. I shouldn't think about it too much." I nod, placing my head on my hand.

„Your eyes are so beautiful." Carter says, mimicking my position. "Idiot." I chuckle, closing my eyes. I don't like it when someone mentions them... even if it's a compliment. "Hey don't hide them!" "Shut up now. Let's forget about all the relationship drama and play Truth or Dare." I grin, devilishly.

I know he hates that game but he can never say no to me. "Fine." He grumbles, rolling his eyes. "Okey I'll start. Truth or dare?" I ask. "Dare." Carter answers shrugging. Perfect. "I dare you to call the girl you have a crush on, right now." I smirk.

„Uh... I don't have a crush." He chuckles, nervously scratching his neck. "Liar! I know you do. Now call her." "I can't." "Why not? I'm your best friend I wann know..." I pout.

„And be honest. I wanna know her name too." "Rose please tell me another dare, okey?" "Nope. Why don't you want me to know?" I question, frowning.

„It's not that I don't want you to know..." "Then don't be such a coward. Come on!" I demand, jokingly. He sighs, grabbing his phone before clicking onto his contacts. I watch curiously, as suddenly my ringtone goes on.