Chapter 43

Rose's POV:
I yawn, stretching myself before taking the toothbrush, putting some toothpaste on top of it.

I start to listen to a playlist which normally always gets me in a better mood as I get ready for leaving to Canada for Shawn's family dinner. Actually I should be totally excited right? Yeah I'm not... Carter hasn't texted or called me since three days now.

I'm not saying he has to spend every second of his life thinking about me but that's just not him. I don't know if I did something wrong... But what? I guess I will find out later today. I asked if we could go to Canada sooner so I could visit my grandma and him.

I just wish he would have called me back in the hospital yesterday morning. I really needed to talk to him. Sighing, I tie my hair half up, doing my make up before changing and walking out of the bathroom almost letting out a squeak.

„Am I that scary?" Shawn asks, sitting on my bed raising his eyebrow amused. „What are you doing here?" I question, ignoring his comment. I'm still not used to him being nice or at least friendly annoying instead of rudely annoying and I just can't get over the fact that I hated him like four days ago.

I don't hate him anymore but it's a thin line between kinda okey and hating when it comes to me and he's definitely almost crossing it everyday. Doesn't make sense right? Well, to me it does.

"Helping you bring your stuff down. The only thing the doctor said to us is that you shouldn't exhaust yourself too much." Shawn answers , grabbing my suitcase as I search for my phone and handbag. „Oh. Thanks." I reply, awkwardly.

Like I said, it's weird to talk to a nice Shawn. We silently head towards the entrance, where his bodyguard is already waiting.

As we sit in the back of the car I think about how his family is gonna be. I mean Aaliyah and his mom are the complete opposite from Shawn. And I wonder if Aaliyah is gonna mention anything about the cuts. Maybe she forgot it already... I hope.

"So... how are you feeling?" Shawn asks after while of silence. „Okey." I reply, looking over at him. His head is facing the window, his hand flipping his phone around.

„Good. Did the doctor say anything else? I mean... what maybe is important?" „Could you stop?" I grumble, rolling my eyes. „Stop what?" Shawn questions, his eyes meeting mine. „Trying to get information out of me. I told you what you need to know. The rest is not relevant." I say, putting my earphones in.

„Rose I'm not trying to get information out of you. I'm just wondering if there's anything we can do to help." Shawn says but I act like I'm already listening to music. He sighs, leaning his head back against the headrest, closing his eyes. „Sorry." I say quietly.

"It's just weird when you ask me how I am." I add. Shawn opens his eyes, a small smile on his lips as he takes my hand. I frown watching as he leans closer. „Fans are waiting for us." he whispers, pulling back to open the car door, dragging me out with him.

"Let me correct. You are weird." I say, holding back a laugh. Did he just almost make me laugh? After Shawn finished taking pictures and talking with his friends we sit in the plane and I directly fall asleep since I hadn't gotten any sleep last night. Yeah nightmares...

"Wake up Rosie." I hear, followed by someone poking my cheek. I groan, slapping the hand away, opening my eyes as I hear Shawn's laugh. „Just let me sleep." I mumble, not even caring that I'm currently leaning against his shoulder. He's just too comfortable. „And stop calling me that."

"Hmm.... no and we are here so if you want to fly back have fun." Shawn says, standing up abruptly so my head falls off his shoulder. „Asshole." I murmur, rubbing my eyes. Shawn just chuckles, putting on his zip up hoodie before heading out of the plane, me following behind.