Chapter 62

Rose's POV:
„He said what?!" Ava gasps as she lies on my bed, peeking over the magazine she's currently reading.

„You are joking, aren't you?" I feel the heat come up in me as I shake my head, looking through my clothes to find something to wear.

„That was so... expected." Ava states, placing the paper besides her. My eyebrows furrow as I turn around. „Why?"

„Hun, you can see it. Like honestly his eyes are like giant hearts when he looks at you. Just like the emoji." she laughs, tilting her head. „Whatever." I chuckle, averting my I eyes back to the clothes I draped around the two chairs.

„No actually I already knew because he kind of admitted in front of the whole crew because he was so worried about that he might messed up. Anyways, what did you answer?"

„I just- Wait what?" I ask, realizing what she said. „Oh you didn't know?" Ava chuckles, jumping off the bed to walk towards me. „No I didn't! So they... know?" I mumble, more to myself than to her.

„It would have come out any time soon anyways." Ava says, holding a white dress in front of me. „So what did you reply?" „Nothing..." I murmur. „That was expected as well." She lets out a chuckle, handing me my leather jacket.

„But I never expected to see you standing in front of a mirror for half an hour for a guy." she adds, winking jokingly. „Yeah because you know me that long. You don't know how worried I always had been before dates with Liam-„ I say, closing my mouth in the middle of the sentence.

I haven't thought about him for so long... I shouldn't. It's really not like I care anymore. It's just that I'm kinda disappointed that it ended like that but oh well.

„Stop thinking about your idiot of an ex if you have your dream guy right next door." Ava scolds, pumping my shoulder with hers playing. I smile, shaking my head at her. „Don't exaggerate it Ava."

„Mhm. I would start getting read hun. If you need twice the time for your make up it's not going to work." She responds ushering me into the bathroom. „Uhm hello? I'm beautiful without make up." I say, crossing my arms. „True." Smiling she blows me a kiss before disappearing out of my room with a short ‚bye'.

I quickly put on the usual and a bit red lipstick, heading towards the door to put on my black shoes. I was about to stand straight again as I hear a thud and pain shoots trough my head.

Silently cursing I look up to see Shawn poking his head trough the half opened door. „Good that you have such a thick skull due your stubbornness." he teases, strolling in after wanting to place a kiss on my forehead which I quickly dodge.

I'm not really fond of it that he told the others just like that. I mean I already guessed that had he told Geoff but why everyone else? „We are in the city of love, you know?" Shawn questions, sitting down onto the bed, his arms propped up behind him.

„And?" I ask, sounding a bit more annoyed than I intended to. „Princess are you really mad now? Did it hurt that much? I thought I wasn't that bad. Sorry. „I'm not mad because of that." I sigh, walking to retrieve my phone.

I hear footsteps behind me before his warm arms wrap around my
hips, his head resting on top of mine.
„Then what is it?" „What do you think?" I ask, turning around to face him. „Rose I honestly don't-„ His eyes widen as he stops talking, his mouth still agape but soon confused replaces the shocked expression.

„Wait if you... You are just mad?" Shawn inquires in disbelief. „Yeah I am? I understand that you tell Geoff but the others too?" I say, throwing my hands up as I walk past him.

Again a puzzled expression makes its way onto his frowning face as he watched me stand there with my arms crossed. „Oh yeah..." „That's all?" I question sighing. I don't want to overdramatize but he didn't need to tell every crew member. We are not even together.

„Look I actually just wanted to tell Geoff because I didn't know what to do but the others saw the text I sent him. I'm sorry." Shawn says, walking towards me, taking my hand sin his large ones. „Well it'd too late anyways." I shrug, letting out a sigh.

„Please don't be mad." Shawn pouts, trapping my arms between his ones and my body as he hugs me, starting to place kissed all over my face.

„Okey stop." I mutter, wiggling around to get away. „Only if you aren't mad." Shawn replies, in between the kisses. „I'm not. Now let me go." I say, giggling. „Hmm. I don't know if I want that." Shawn responds grinning, as he wraps his arms around my waist.

„Shawn-„ I whine but get cut off by his lips. I roll my eyes, smiling into the kiss as my hands find their way into his hair. The sticky paste preventing me from running my fingers trough it. I hate that you put glue in your hair." I grumble, making him chuckle after he pulls back.

„Come on, now. We don't want to be late." Shawn says, taking my hand. „You don't want to be late." „Trust me you will be a Kings of Leon fan after the concert." Shawn replies, happily.

I chuckle at how excited he is to go there. I slip my hand out of his while we enter the room, where Teddy, Geoff and Mike are standing. As soon as we stepped in their conversation grows quiet. „Ready to go? We already thought it would take longer." Teddy jokes, winking.

I roll my eyes, walking past them towards the exit of the hotel we are staying in. „Guys, don't even start. I don't want her to be even more mad at me."  I hear Shawn say, causing me to smile.

I'm not really mad, I was just kinda annoyed. The cool night air of Paris hits my face and I take a deep breath, admiring all the lights of the city. It's so beautiful here... As I hear the others behind me I sit into the car.

Shawn and Geoff with me in the back. I stare out of the window, amazed by the beauty of the city until I could feel Shawn watch me. As I look up to my right I meet his eyes but he doesn't even try to hide that he was looking at me, he just smiles.

I can't help but return it, as I feel my cheeks flush. „You look amazing." Shawn whispers quietly as he leans down to my ear. I bite my lip to prevent my grin from growing wider.

„I know." I state, averting my eyes out of the window again. Shawn just chuckles, placing his hand onto my thigh which takes me by surprise.

I look at him with raised eyebrows as now he is the one to keep his gaze out of the window. I quickly gaze over to Geoff to see him concentrating on his phone so I decide to leave his hand there.

Shawn squeezes my thigh gently, causing my stomach to flutter. Ugh, can't he stop with making me feel like that? Or actually... I don't want that to stop.

After a short car ride we arrive at the venue and fortunately it's already dark so not many people recognize Shawn, so we are not getting crowded. „Rose." He says, walking towards me.

„Huh?" He slips his hand into mine, intertwining our fingers. „It's for your own safety. I can't let you get lost in the crowd." Shawn smiles. I raise my eyebrows but still let him hold my hand.

They know anyways and the whole world thinks we are together. „So are we near the stage?" I ask. „Hun, we are backstage." „Oh and backstage is a huge crowd?" I ask, ironically. Shawn just smiles innocently, nodding his head.

„Who knows. Maybe you get lost in one of the dressing rooms. I wouldn't be surprised." Shawn teases and I hit his arm. „Idiot." I chuckle, looking around as we walk into the building, a man guiding us to the back of the big stage.

I watch all the employees hastily walking around to get everything in place for the start until my eyes land on a man with a leather jacket who is just standing there. My eyes lock with his and a shudder runs down my back ad I seem to recognize his features.

I stop in my tracks... wait. Nathan? No that can't be. I blink a few times to make sure I'm not hallucinating and as soon as I open my eyes again the man is gone. „Rose?" Shawn asks, waving his hand in front of my face.

„Huh?" I mumble, puzzled. „What's wrong?" „I..." Looking behind Shawn once more I shake my head. „Nothing."