Chapter 117

Shawn's POV:
„I don't care if doctor Harrison is not available! Tell him to move his ass up from the break room and f*cking help my girlfriend!" I snap at the nurse, not caring how much of a scene I cause.

"Shawn, calm down. They already try to make her stable." Geoff says while holding me back, trying to reassure me but I rip my arm out of his grip.

"Don't f*cking tell me to calm down! I want to talk to him. All you ever do is give her drip infusions that probably don't even have medications in it! Something needs to be done, she can keep going like this until the birth." I say angrily.

The nurse stares at me with almost fearful eyes as I tower above her. I could care less what all these people in the waiting room think about me. All what matters  is that someone finally does something to help Rose and the baby.

„Did you understand me?" I ask, threateningly and all she does is nod before she disappears around the corner. „She has three minutes." I mumble, shooting the gaping people a glare.

„Don't you have something better to do than stare at others?" I shout. „Shawn, stop this now! I get that you are worried. I am too but you can't scream at other people." Nathan whisper- yells as he grabs me and pulls me over to Mike, Ava, Brian, Geoff and Aaliyah.

Rolling my eyes, I shove his hand off me but remain silent since I've already seen the doctor approaching us.

„Mr. Mendes-."

"Cut the crap. Someone needs to help her. Like now." I say interrupting the middle aged man. Before the doctor could react, Nathan pushes in front of me purposely bumping his shoulder into mine as a warning to keep my mouth shut.

Funny that he thinks I would listen to someone who left his own sister alone out of the blue.

„Mr. Anderson, Mr. Mendes. Please come with me." Doctor Harrison says while eyeing me skeptically. He starts to walk down the hall, us following behind.

"Shawn, get yourself together. Yelling at nurses and doctors to do something, won't help Rose and the Baby at all. Got it?" Nathan questions, preventing me from walking into the office.

My jaw clenches as everything in me tells me to put him in his place but I just mumble a ‚yeah' through gritted teeth. I know that freaking out won't help right now but I just couldn't hold back.

"Take a seat, please." Doctor Harrison points towards two chairs in front of his desk before he sits down behind it.

"Since I already heard from a quite frightened nurse that your nerves are very much on the edge, I'll just tell you what's the problem. Is that good?" he asks, watching me over the top of his glasses. A deep sigh leaves my lips as I try to ignore his comment.

"Yes." I nod, waiting for him to continue. He returns the gesture before he reads something on his clipboard for a few seconds. For the first time since we came here, I notice that my heart is pounding rapidly and my hands are shaking uncontrollably.

I can hear my heartbeat in my head and it's almost so loud that it drowns every other sound but as soon as the doctor opens his mouth, it's gone.

"The case is, to say it in simple words, Rose had a mini heart attack. A thin blood vessel was blocked for a little while which caused the shakiness and all the symptoms she had.

It had nothing to do with her disease but of course, the affects on her body are stronger than the ones a complete healthy person would experience.

Now all she needs is to rest. Luckily, there are no consequences for the baby." He explains and both Nathan and I let out a relieved breath. They are okey.