Chapter 54

Rose's POV:
"You should definitely come in." Shawn says, as we walk down the corridor of the studio which also includes our rooms towards his.

Our hands intertwined as I walk in front of him, slightly pulling him along. "Hmm..." I hum. He lifts our hands spinning me around once causing a giggle to escape my lips. "So?" Shawn asks, placing his arms around my hips from behind, his head resting on my shoulder.

He starts to press kisses onto my neck and I laugh, turning around. "Maybe a bit." I say, shoving him away from me as I grab his keys, opening the door to walk in. "I'll take a quick shower. You can always join me." Shawn says as he playfully winks at me.

"Dream on, Mendes." I scoff, plopping down onto his bed. Shawn chuckles, going to retrieve a T-shirt and sweatpants from his closet before tossing it over to me. "You can wear that if you want." He smiles, disappearing into the bathroom right after.

I hesitate, examining his clothes. Uh no... I'm just gonna wear mine... or? I take his shirt, his addicting scent surrounding me. Still no. We are not dating or anything... I climb off the bed strolling towards my room.

As I open my door I feel a cold breeze in the completely dark room. My eyebrows furrow as I switch on the lights, noticing that the glass door which leads towards a terrace is open. I haven't left it open. Or did I? No, I'm 100 percent sure that I closed it.

Maybe one of the boys walked trough my room. But why would they? There are enough doors downstairs. Slowly I walk in, making sure that no one is in the bathroom before I close the glass door, quickly grabbing comfortable shorts and a T-shirt.

I hurry out of the room, stopping as I see a man walking downstairs. I pinch my eyes to see if it is someone of the others but I'm sure it's not. Slightly panicking I rush into Shawn's room. "Shawn." I say, running towards him to grab his hand.

"You are a bit too late. I'm already finished." Shawn grins, slipping his shirt on. "Shawn there is someone." I whisper, pulling him with me down the stairs since the person is not in the hall anymore. "Rose, it's just one of the others." Shawn says but I keep pulling him.

"No, I've never seen him." I quietly say, stopping at a corner to hide while looking into the big room with all the instruments and stuff. "Look." I whisper, my heart thumping as I see the man still there. Shawn sighs, stepping past me. "Shawn wai-" "Hey Teddy." Shawn greets, walking into the room. I frown, following behind him.

"Hi buddy. Oh and you are Rose right?" The man asks, sending me a smile. "Uh yeah..." I mumble. "Nice to meet you. I'm Teddy." He says, shaking my hand. "And he's a songwriter who's helping us with the album. Not someone you have to be afraid of." Shawn chuckles, crossing his arms.

"Afraid?" "She thought you broke into the house." "Oh no no. Sorry for scaring you." Teddy responds, letting out a chuckle. "Anyways, Goodnight." Shawn says, heading towards the stairs again.

"Goodnight." I mumble, turning to go aswell. "Do you think he was in my room?" I ask, walking next ti him. "Why would you think that?"

"The glass door to the terrace was open and I'm sure that it was closed before we left." I say, fiddling with the waistband of my shorts. "You probably forgot or one of the boys walked trough, don't worry." Shawn replies, taking my hand.

"But why? What if someone was here?" "Rose, not everyone can just walk in here but you are staying so I can protect you from the monsters." Shawn grins, pulling me into his room.

"Haha." I mutter, crossing my arms as he lays into his bed. "Come here." He says, patting the spot next to him.

"I'm not going into bed with someone after  the first date." "It happened before already." "That was something else. I had a nightmare." I reply, tilting my head. Shawn's eyebrows lift as he sighs, standing up from the bed.

"If you want it the hard way." He murmurs, quickly grabbing my thighs to throw me over his shoulder. I squeal, as he lets me fall onto the bed. "Not so loud baby. The others are gonna hear us." Shawn smirks and I roll my eyes. "Shut up." I say, getting under the covers.

Again Shawn's scent fills my nostrils causing me to smile lightly. He smells so goddamns good. I feel the bed dip besides me, so I open my eyes seeing Shawn lying next to me watching me with his elbow propped up.

"Everything okey now?" He questions, his finger tracing my jaw gently. "I almost thought..." I start, a lump forming in my throat causing me to stop speaking. "You almost thought what?" Shawn asks, twirling a strand of my hair around his finger.

I sigh, turning onto my side to have a better look at him. "I thought it was my brother. The brown hair... I was too excited to look exactly..." I say, a tear slipping out of my eye which I quickly wipe away.

"Hey..." Shawn says, caressing my cheek. I look into his eyes, which watch me intensely like something is on his mind but right now I'm just tired. "I'm never gonna find him." I sigh, biting my inner cheek to stop me from crying.

"Don't say that. I promise you, you will." "Don't promise something you can't hold please." I say. "I just wish I could see him once again before..." I mumble, realizing that I was about to say it. "Before what?" Shawn questions lifting my chin with his fingers.

"Uh... before... I don't really know. I just hope that it won't take forever. I just wish he would have told me why he left. Maybe he doesn't even want to see m-me." I reply, my voice cracking.

"Shh don't ever think like that Rose. I'm sure he has a reason and we are going to help you to find him okey?" Shawn says, pulling me closer. I nod, resting my head on his chest. His steady heartbeat making me even more tired.

"I promise I'll protect you, if you just let me." I hear Shawn whisper before I feel a kiss on my forehead. Guess I have to tell him tomorrow... or sometime.

His warm hand slips under my shirt, tracing patterns on my skin. I loosely lay my arm around his torso finally drifting off to sleep.