Chapter 75

Rose's POV:
My heart pounds painfully in my chest, not because of the disease but because of this terribly nervous feeling.

I tap my fingernails onto my desk as I look out of the window, awaiting his black jeep pulling into the driveway. The door opens, which makes me turn around quickly, revealing my grandma.

"Hello sweetie, do you want something to eat? Or hot chocolate?" She asks, already starting to gather some clothes from my bed. "No thanks." I say, forcing a small smile.

"I will make you some cookies. Did you take your medicine today?" My grandma questions, her hand softly stroking over my hair once. I shake my head before averting my eyes onto the street in front of my house again.

"Okey, if you need anything just come downstairs and don't let that beautiful head of you hang down. I'm sure it will go fine." "You can't be grandma. Thanks but I just want to wait for him now." I reply, hiding my head in my hands, my arms propped up on the desk.

I could feel her kiss my temple, leaving my room soon after. Sighing, I walk over to my dresser picking out a fresh hoodie and leggings, to change into.

While applying some concealer so he doesn't see my read eyes I watch my reflection in the mirror. I honestly look like a ghost. Like someone drained all the life from my body leaving a colorless mess. Will he notice that something is up right away?

Of course he will... it's pretty obvious that I have some bad news if I call him the day before that he should come as soon as possible. Suddenly flashlights of a car flood quickly trough my window, the sound of an engine audible outside.

My heart starts to race once again as I approach the window, some part of me praying that it isn't him while the other one hopes to finally get this off my chest. „Here we go." I mumble, watching his chocolate brown curls appearing trough the car door before the rest of his body comes in my sight too.

Hesitantly he examines the house, fortunately his eyes don't wander up to my window. Shawn starts to walk towards the door but stops after a few steps again, walking back to the car. I frown as I see him getting something out of it.

It looks like a small box but I couldn't make out what it was. I shrug as I suddenly hear the door bell ring but immediately rush down to prevent my grandma from talking to him for the next hour.

Mixed feelings come up in me as I place my hand on the door handle. After taking a deep breath I slowly open the door, only a bit so I could look trough the gap. Shawn was looking at the floor but as soon as he notices my presence he looks up, his brown orbs staring into mine.

A small uncertain smile spreads across his as he sees me, causing me to return the gesture. „Hey." he breaths out. „Hi, come in." I say, stepping aside so he could walk past me. I close the front door right after him, motioning him to follow me upstairs.

Once we arrive in my room he looks around, until I tell him to sit down on my bed. Biting my lower lip I still lean against the door with my hands behind my back. All the ideas how I could start this conversation are suddenly forgotten.

My mind is completely blank, so I just stare at him and he stares back, his eyebrows furrowed lightly. Pressing my lips together I walk over to the desk in front of my window, taking the sheet I got from the hospital in case he doesn't believe

me. My eyes wander to the forest further down the street, an idea coming into my mind. „I want to show you something." I say, folding the paper and placing it into the pocket of my jacket.

Shawn eyes me a bit confused but follows me downstairs anyways. The sun is soon going to start to set, dipping the sky into a beautiful orange color.