Chapter 121

Shawn's POV:
"Everything I want?" She asks, admiring the shining stars and the bright moon above us while we lay there on a blanket, wrapped in each others embrace.

Goosebumps arise on my skin as her fingertips trace soothingly along my arm. Just one single touch of hers makes me feel butterflies in my stomach.

„Everything." I affirm and she slightly bites her lower lip while thinking. "Hm. Then... Sometime when we are older and you don't have to go on tour like every year. I want a cute little house in the woods of Canada. Not too little though. I mean, we need enough space for at least one more child." Rose point out, chuckling delightfully.

A warm feeling spreads spreads inside of me at the thought of our future. Breakfast together with my little family on the balcony of our own home at the shore of a small lake, surrounded by pine trees. Sounds perfect to me.

„Oh and we definitely need a dog." She smiles, making me snicker. "Babe, I'm allergic. You know that." I mention, twirling a strand of her now pretty long hair around my finger.

„You are not that allergic, you drama queen. You even kissed a dog on the forehead and nothing happened." Rose argues, crossing her arms.

Sighing defeatedly, I kiss her temples and pull her even closer to me. "Alright. I would even take allergy-pills for you. Like I said, you will get everything you want." I tell her, causing a enchanting smile to grow on her ever so soft lips.

Humming in agreement, she turns onto her side with her head still resting on my chest and her hand placed over mine. "I really don't deserve you. Thank you for all what you are doing for me. I feel like I don't say that enough." She whispers before placing a sweet kiss on my neck.

My heart flutters because of her words and for the probably tenth time today, I can't wrap my mind around how lucky I am to have such an amazing girl by my side.

„Don't say that. You deserve the world, honestly. You do so much more for me than you think." I respond. Feeling her smile against my neck, I avert my eyes down onto her baby bump.

It's still surreal to me how there's a little human in there and soon, we will be able to see him or her for the first time. I've never been more excited about something.

„Are you tired?" I ask and she shakes her head.

„Not really, why?"

„Let's go somewhere. I need to do something." I say, carefully sitting us up and helping Rose to stand on her feet. „It's like eleven. What do you wanna do now?" She questions, knitting her eyebrows in confusion.

„You'll see." I smile and she sighs, opening her mouth to probably rant about how she doesn't like surprises but knowing I wouldn't give in anyways, she closed it again. A chuckle leaves my lips because of her adorable, slightly annoyed but also puzzled expression.

„Come on, love. Trust me, it's nothing overwhelming." I reassure, reaching for her hand to intertwine it with mine. „Fine." She mumbles as we make our way back into the car.

„Did you put your seatbelt on?" I ask while starting the engines of the vehicle. Since I don't get an answer I look over to Rose, who looks at me with raised eyebrows. „What? Safety first." I scoff, checking if she buckled up.

„Oh my... of course, dad." she mocks but I only smile, thinking of the fact that I'm truly becoming a dad. „Soon you can't joke about it anymore." I chirp, making her giggle sweetly.

„You are going to be a really good dad." she hums, taking my hand in hers and lifting them up to place a kiss on my knuckles. „And you will be an amazing mom." I reply, the grin on my face growing by the second.

No words can describe how happy I am at the moment, even though the baby is not even here yet. I can't imagine how incredible it will be when it's born. She returns a warm smile before averting her gaze out of he window.

Silently, we drive for a little while, our hands still laced together and quiet music playing in the radio. I could do this forever. Driving through all the cities we want, whenever we want. Listening to music and just enjoying the time we have together.

When the baby is older, I'm definitely planning another road trip again. These few days have been so perfect, expect our small... argument but we talked about it and it's fine now. I understand her worries but I'm not giving up so easily.

I get pulled out of my thoughts as I hear a cute laugh escape Rose as she looks over to me. „What's so funny?" I ask with a chuckle. I glance at her for a second, only to see her shake her head amusedly.

„We are." She laughs, causing me to frown. What does she mean? „Huh?"

„About one year and three months ago, I hated you so much and wished nothing more than to be away from you. Now look at me, I'm pregnant with your child and we are in the same car... voluntarily!" Rose points out. „I think that's funny."

she snickers, making me laugh along. „True. The past year you flipped my whole world upside down. In a positiv way, of course." I wink, earning a light hit on the back of my head. "Hey!"

„That was close, Mendes" Rose playfully pinches her eyes at me, lifting her finger in a warning manner. "We are here, my lovely girl." I say as the car comes to a stop. Rose curiously looks out of the window to see that we are a few steps away from a bridge.

I think she realizes what we are doing here as ai pull out a lock, our name carved into the silver colored metal. "You still do that?" She asks, a surprised smile tugging on the corner of her lips.

„Of course, I do. Someday our love will be spread all across the world. Even if not everyone will see it, I know that these locks are everywhere and it gives me a feeling of home when I have to travel. Like you are always with me, you know." I explain.

The smile on her face turn into a wide grin and I swear I could se her blush but she quickly gets out of the car, mentioning me to follow her.

I do as I'm told and we stroll halfway onto the brown to find the perfect place. I hang it onto a free place next to some others and lock it with the little key.

„Do you want to throw it?" I ask, placing it into the palm of Rose's hand after she nods. Closing her eyes, she stretches her hand over the railing and opens it, letting the tiny piece of metal fall into the flowing water.

„Thank you for doing that. It's honestly so sweet." Rose says, leaning back into my chest and I wrap my arms around her hips. Humming, I pepper kisses along her cheek.

"Everything for you." I whisper, as we gaze onto the beautiful city lights. Wrapped in the arms of our better half. Making the world seem less cruel, at least for some moments.