Chapter 106

Rose's POV:
"Shawn stop eating them now!" I scold, playfully swatting his hand away which was about to reach for another muffin. "But-"

„No but! Be helpful and lay the table before your parents are here!" I demand, pointing the wooden spoon onto him. He replies with a defeated sigh before strolling into the kitchen with plates and cutlery, causing me to giggle.

"It's not my fault that you make the most delicious muffins in the world." Shawn compliments as he returns, pressing a kiss to my temple with a hum.

Before I could answer he reaches in front of me and steals one away from the plate. May I add, his fourth one now. "Shawn!" He only chuckles after taking a big bite from the muffin while he leans against the kitchen counter.

Shaking my head amused, I move the pan with the vegetables off the oven. "Your muffin consumption is getting out of hand." I tease, wiping my hands on the kitchen towel. "I'm a tall and really strong man. I need that." Shawn winks as I turn to face him with my arms crossed.

"Hm." I hum, starting to walk past him to get some glasses for the dinner but he stops me by gently grabbing my waist, pulling me against him. "Your parents are here in twenty minutes. Let me go." I huff, trying to wiggle my way out of his grip but it's no use.

„So? That means we still have like ten minutes to make out." Shawn grins, swiftly lifting me up and placing me onto the counter, standing between my legs. "No, Shawn." I say, pushing him back by his chest but he doesn't budge. Instead he pulls me closer if that's even possible.

Annoyedly, I cross my arms in front of my chest. I'm not in the mood for that now. Oblivious to my annoyance or maybe he just doesn't care, Shawn cups my cheeks with his warm hands and for a moment I lean into his touch. Immediately he takes it as a sign that he can have his way.

Slowly he nears me, not breaking eye contact for a single second. "You are so beautiful." He whispers, his fingers running along my jaw, resting behind my neck. "Wait until I start to look like a whale." I grumble, referring to my continuously growing belly.

An adorable chuckle escapes his throat and he leans his head back in laughter. "A whale that can bake delicious muffins." Shawn mocks and I roll my eyes. "You, as my boyfriend, are supposed to make me feel better. No kiss for you now." I say and hop off the counter, acting like I'm truly upset.

Since I have had some huge mood swings lately, I know that Shawn will fall for it. "Rose? Baby, come here. I didn't mean it like that." Shawn calls after me as I rush towards the bedroom.

I try my best to hold back a laugh as I sit down on our bed and hide my face in my hands. As soon as I hear his footsteps approach me, I start fake crying. "Oh no." I hear him mumble and soon after I feel him crouching down in front of me.

„Love? Shhh, please don't cry. I-I didn't mean it. You are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen, no matter if you are pregnant or not. Please, I'm sorry." He says and I could hear that he's sincerely sorry.

Oh god. Poor boy. I almost feel bad. Just almost.

„Rose, I love you. I love you both. I would never think that being pregnant makes you less beautiful. I- I uh... please stop crying." He pleads and I can't contain my laughter anymore. "Oh my god, Shawn." I snicker, holding my stomach.

Confused he watches me with furrowed eyebrows, which only makes me laugh even harder. He is so sweet. "Are you serious right now?" Shawn asks. "You are so gullible sometimes." I snicker, reach to tousle up his hair but he backs away and stands up.

„Babe." I chuckle, following him as he walks through the door, clearly offended. "Shawn, come on." I try, grabbing his arm to stop him.

"No, Rose." He replies, attempting to shove me back but I quickly snake my arms around him, squeezing him tightly. "Stop." He scoffs, rolling his eyes. "I seriously thought you were sad."