Chapter 96

Rose's POV:
"Overreacting? Oh, so calling me b*tch and saying he wished I would be away from him, is not something I can be mad-" My voice threatens to crack, so I gulp and exhale deeply before finishing my sentence. "Mad about?"

"He said that? I thought the girl did?" Nathan asks, confused. I lift my hand up to my puffy eyes, wiping the new tears away with the sleeve of my sweater. God, why am I crying? I don't want to cry! I'm just angry... but I can't help it. It's like I can't control anything.

"She did but Shawn did too. We got into a fight back in the hotel and that's when he told me that. You know, I don't care about the girl. She just annoyed me so much but I do care that Shawn said that.

And don't even tell me that he didn't mean it. Even if it was in the heat of the moment, he thought about it before or else he wouldn't have said it." I reason, a hiccup leaving my lips.

"Rose, you know that he truly loves you. Please just talk it out. Don't start to ignore each other for days now.

We all know it just hurts you too, so can you please push your pride out of the way this time and make the first step? What he said was wrong but what you did was also wrong. So please talk to each other, okey?"

Sighing, I lean against the wall of the hotel, staring up into the star lit up night sky. Maybe he is right... "You know damn well that I'm right." Nathan chuckles, since I haven't said anything yet.

Rolling my eyes, I push myself away from the wall. I know that he is right... "Rose." He warns and I inhale deeply before mumbling a 'mhm'.

"See wasn't that bad to agree with me, was it? Now get your ass up to your hotel room and make out or whatever." My brother demands, causing me to smile a little bit because I could picture him scrunching up his nose at the thought of it.

"Alright." I sniffle, rubbing my tear stained cheek dry with my hoodie. "Oh and sister heart?"

"Yeah?"

"You can be a b*tch sometimes. So don't take it personal." Nathan states.

"Haha stop being so nice to me."

"Never. Now go. Love you."

"Love you too." I say before ending the call and shoving my phone back into my jeans pocket.

Hesitating, I look up to see if there are lights on in our room but it's dark. Where is he? Searching for me? No... he would have looked in front of the hotel already.

I know that what Nathan said is true... at least probably but I honestly don't want to face him right now. Not like that. I don't want him to know that I cried because of that. Therefore I turn around, deciding to look around the city for a while.

I'm not in Washington all the time, so why not use the little amount I have? Before I could even walk two steps, I hear my name being called but fortunately not from Shawn. I look over my shoulder to see Ava jogging towards me.

"What are you doing here all alone? Where's your boyfriend?"

"Where's yours? Is he already finished with attacking your neck or did he just have enough of you?" I question sarcastically, referring to the pretty prominent hickeys on her skin. Raising her eyebrow, she walks in front of me while crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"You know what? I have had enough of your grumpiness the last few days. Are you on your period or something? Why won't you tell me what's bothering you? I just want to help." She says, making me feel bad immediately.

"Seriously Ava? That I'm on my period doesn't mean anything-" "Oh yes looks like it does! Rose, I just mean that all you do is pushing me away. If you don't want anything to do with me, then tell me please." Ava responds... sadly?