Chapter 44

Rose's POV:
„So I don't get to see you later before you leave?" Carter questions, as I put my shoes and jacket on. „No I'm sorry. Shawn said we have to fly back tonight." I reply, walking over to hug him.

"Oh." he pouts, making me chuckle. „I love to hear that sound." Carter  mumbles, wrapping his arms tighter around me. I smile, rubbing his back. „It's still not fair... this jerk can see you all the time and I can't."

"You saw me every day for years Carter." I say, shaking my head. „Still." he sighs, leaning against the door frame in front of me. „I really missed you." I say, causing him to smile. „I missed you to, sweetie."

We look at each other for a while and I just hope that he doesn't talk about the kiss now. I'm more than confused. I wouldn't give him the answer he probably wants anyways.

"I'm sorry if I overwhelmed you. It get it. You can't say anything now but just know that we are best friends okey? I'm only one call away and now I'm always gonna pick up." Carter says, a sigh of relief escaping my lips. Thank god.

"Thank you." I reply, hugging him once more. Carter groans as we hear a car honk outside. "Guess it's time to go." I sigh, pulling back. "Can't you stay?" "Carter." "Okey. Take care and FaceTime me tomorrow as soon as you can." He says, as I open the door.

"Promise. Have fun with work." I tease, stepping down the few stones stairs. "Haha. See you, you dork." Carter call after me. I stick my tongue out, before turning around to open the car door, sitting in.

"Finally." I hear Shawn mumble, my mood instantly getting worse again but I ignore it. Maybe he is nervous. But why would he be nervous to meet his family. "So um... you know my family thinks we are together." He says, turning his head to me.

"I know." I look up into his eyes and I could see them wandering to my lips. I raise my eyebrows, watching him with a questioning look. "What's that below your lip?" He asks. "What?" I murmur, placing my finger on that place to feel that I have smeared my lipstick.

Or I mean Carter smeared my lipstick... "Oh that's called lipstick." I answer sarcastically, noticing how his jaw clenches for a few moments before his gaze falls out of the window again. "It's used on the lips you know. Not below." He comments back.

"You know what? I can also go back to Carter instead to the dinner so keep your remarks for yourself tonight." I scoff, crossing my arms. Shawn says nothing anymore until we arrive in front of his house. I curiously look out of the window, seeing already some cars here till Shawn's torso is blocking my view.

He opens the door and I step out, fixing the simple black dress I changed into earlier. "They are weird sometimes.-" "I can handle weird." I say cutting him off as I head towards the front door. Shawn sighs but follows me anyways. He reaches his hand up to ring the bell he intertwines our fingers with the other one.

I hear him inhale deeply as footsteps become audible. "Why are you so nervous?" "I just... I don't even know." Shawn mumbles. I wonder what's wrong now. It's just his family. "Shawn! Even on time that's surprising." Karen laughs after opening the door and pulling Shawn into a hug.

"See how good of an influence you are on him sweetheart. How are you?" She questions, now wrapping her arms around me for a short moment. I try to think of everything else but the confusion in my life right now and smile a bit replying with a simple 'good' and also asking how she is.

"Oh I'm great. Come in kids or the food will get cold. I hope you have a present for your grandma Shawn." Karen warns jokingly as she lets us step in. "I've never forgot presents, mum." Shawn grumbles, slipping his jacket off. I quietly chuckle.