Chapter 76

Rose's POV:
I don't hear his footsteps anymore, making me feel sick to my stomach. My chest tightens painfully and I feel like the air is sucked out of my lungs. Did he really just leave? After everything he said?

He doesn't care about what I told him. He is okey with it that I don't want him in my life if he lets me down now. Another sob escapes me as I don't dare to look at him. Still, I couldn't handle watching him leave.

Why did I have to fall in love with him? Why was I that stupid again? God, I'm so pathetic. I should be good on my own. I snap out of my thoughts as I feel two warm hands on top of mine, gently prying them away from my face. Confused, I lift my head, my probably red eyes attaching to his puffy ones.

„Shawn." I whisper, sniffling. For a few moments he says nothing. He just watches me with some single tears running down his rosy cheeks. Automatically I reach my hand up to wipe them away, his eyes closing at the contact of my skin on his.

„I'm sorry. I wouldn't have left. I just couldn't think straight anymore as I walked away but I would have never left forever. Listen..." he says, cupping my cheeks gently as we still kneel on the ground. "There is always a way. Don't you dare to give up now, because I won't let you anyways-"

„Shawn, it's no use. I need a new heart but like everyone else who does, I have to wait till it's my turn and I'm afraid... I don't have enough time to wait." I explain, stroking carefully along his jaw with my thumb, trying not look into his eyes.

He would just get my hopes up for nothing. I know that he means to cheer me up but I know there is no way around it...

„I k-know I should have told you sooner. It was selfish of me to lead you on when in the end, you are going to loose me. I'm sorry Shawn. I u-understand if you want to leave. Go now and find someone who can be with you. I will be fine." I add, my voice cracking multiple times.

I shouldn't have done that to him and as much as it breaks me, he will be happier with someone else.

„Hey, I said listen. Rose, don't you get it?
If you haven't realized it the first time I said it, I'm gonna say it again and again until you finally understand and even then I won't stop. I love you. I love you so much, Rose. Nothing is going to take you away from me anymore. No fights, no secrets and also not a stupid heart. I will be with you every step of the way. Okey?" I just stare at the ground beneath us.

He doesn't get it either. Just because he don't wants to let me go, my heart won't suddenly work again.

„Rose, stop doubting my words. You don't even know what love makes people capable of. I don't want anyone else. I want you. So believe me if I say, nothing is going to tear us apart anymore. I want this. I want us, Rose. And I know that it won't be easy all the time with your stubborn head but come on who likes easy?" Shawn asks and I can't help but let out a weak chuckle.

How does he do that? He makes me laugh in situations where I actually jut want to be locked in my room forever. An adorable smile which, as cheesy as it sounds, makes my heart melt appears on his lips.

„No more secrets. If we want us to work we need to be honest and talk to each other, okey?" He questions while gently running the pad of his thumb over my cheek, down to my lower lip. "Okey." I breath out nodding.

„Good now I can finally do what I have been waiting for." Shawn responds and before I know it, his soft plump lips are on mine. A content hum leaves my lips as I take the fabric of his shirt in my fists to pull him as close as possible.

Shawn smiles, pulling away for a moment to let us both stand up. As soon as I'm on my feet again, he pulls me towards him, wrapping his arms securely around my waist as I place mine around his neck.

Shawn pecks my lips a few times before he tilts my head lightly so he could deepen the kiss. It felt like we were just standing in the forest kissing for hours but I still wanted more as Shawn broke the kiss, his forehead leaning against mine now.

„We should go back." Shawn questions, looking up into the grey sky because water drops started to fall down on us. "Why?" I ask, slipping my hands into his.

"Because it rains, dummy." He states, acting like he is knocking against my head. "And?" I chuckle, pulling him out of the protection of the trees. The rain starting to get really heavy, immediately soaking our hair. "Rose, come on." Shawn says, attempting to pull me with him but I lean against him with all my strength.

I know that it doesn't actually affect him but he stops to walk and watch s me with raised eyebrows. "You know, Elena and Damon have that really romantic kiss in the rain." I grin, referring to one of his favourite series. "Mhm." Shawn chuckles, crossing his arms. "Don't be so boring! I want to do all that cliche and corny stuff all the dream TV couples do." I exclaim loud enough so he could hear me over the pouring rain while spinning in circles.

I could hear his adorable laughter causing my heart to flutter as I stop and stare up. The cool raindrops hitting my face.

„You want all that couple stuff? Everything for my princess." Shawn grins, bowing which makes me chuckle. I stretch my hand out for him to take and after he does so I start to make him dance with me.

"We don't even have music, hunny" Shawn laughs as we slowly spin around in each others arms. A grin forms on my lips as I shake my head. "We don't need music to dance. Just imagine it in your head. Since you are a musician I actually expected that from you." I scold playfully as I stand on my tip toes to kiss his cheek.

His grin grows even wider, his curls hanging now in strands on his forehead. "I'm sorry my darling I should have thought about that." He says and before I know it, he leans me over like you do when a dance finishes. His upper half hovering over mine, as he keeps me from falling with his hands on my back.

„Just one thing. I don't want to be Elena and Damon." He points out, leaning down to my ear.

"I want to be Rose and Shawn." Shawn whispers, pressing a soft kiss just below my ear. "I would love that." I respond quietly, before finally connecting our lips once again