Chapter 2

Rose's POV:
I walk back, looking confused at them. „What do you want?" I ask, my voice stronger than expected. „You getting really confident lately." She chuckles,  taking out here phone. „What about we show the school what a b*tch you are?"  What is she talking about? Liam is my first boyfriend. "That's not true." I mumble, stepping back.

„Oh hun. Who are they going to believe? You or me?" She asks, taking her phone out. "Take your shirt off." "What? No." I say, furrowing my eyebrows. "Take. Your. Shirt. Off." Beth demands, leaning closer to me. Gulping, I stare into her eyes. "Or what?" I ask. "Do you think you can do anything against us five? Alone?" She responds, raising her eyebrows. I sigh, feeling how the panic overcomes me. I tend to get panic attacks easily since the death of my parents.

I have to calm down, so I press my fingernails into my palms, trying to keep my breathing steady. "We don't have the whole day." Kira, one of the other girls mutters, rolling her eyes. "Please leave me alone." I say, trying to push past them. The next thing I feel is my back colliding with the wall, shortly cutting off my breath. "You are so pathetic." Beth laughs, crossing her arms. "Please." I whisper, coughing afterwards.

„Of course... not." She snaps. "Do it now." She demands. I let my gaze wander over the others. No one of them seems to care the slightest bit. What did I ever do to them? I just don't get it... "Leave her alone." I hear someone say just as I was about to lift my shirt. "And who are you?" Beth asks, annoyed. "That's not your business so get your ass out of here before I call the principal." Ava warns, coming nearer to her. Oh no. She shouldn't have done that. "Ava leave it." I say.

„So Ava, congratulations you just got yourself into the loser's situation aswell. Don't try me ever again." Beth says, pinching her eyes together before leaving the bathroom with the others following her. "Is everything alright?" Ava asks. "Yes thank you but now Beth doesn't like you too. Trust me you shouldn't have helped me." I say, taking my bag which fell to the floor.

"I don't care. You know girls like her are only strong in their highschool. She will never be able to be like that in her life after school and then she's going to regret all the things she did. " She says, smiling a bit. "Are you some kind of therapist or something?" I ask raising my eyebrow. Ava chuckles, looking down at her shoes and up again.

„I just... in my old school, there were also these kid who made someone's life a hell just for fun. Well, I was one of them so I just thought we could be friends?" She responds.  "Because we are both the ones no on likes?" I ask, amused. "Two are better than one." Ava says, grinning. "Maybe." I reply walking past her. "I take that as a yes! See you tomorrow friend!" I hear her call after me, causing me to chuckle.

It's probably not bad to have a friend in this hell hole called school. I walk towards the exit of the building, making my way home. I quickly walk up into my room and close the door behind me, plopping onto the bed. I'm so tired... I didn't get more five hours sleep per night for about six months now.

Everytime I close my eyes I see all the persons I have left being taken away from me aswell but after a while I can't just hold them open anymore. „Just some minutes." I mumble to myself but suddenly the doorbell rings. Groaning I stand up, stumbling down the stairs. I open the door revealing a smiling Carter.

„Hey Rose! I have pizza and movies. I hope you are hungry." He says, hugging me. "Hey Carter. Of course." I say, letting him in.
"Why are you here?" I ask, after a while of eating. "Can't I spend time with my best friend?" He asks, acting hurt. I chuckle, at how dumb he can be sometimes. "You should smile more often again. I miss that." Carter says, looking into my eyes. I shrug, taking a sip of my water. "I do smile." "But not your real smile when you are happy." He sighs. "I just don't really have a reason for that lately." I say.