Chapter 122

Shawn's POV:
"Shawn? Could you get me a glass of water?" I hear a faint voice ask, snapping me out of my thoughts about our little road trip.

"Sure, wait a minute." I say, walking out of the bedroom to head into the kitchen. We have been back for three days now because it just started to be too exhausting for Rose. She also almost fell unconscious again buy she refuses to go into the hospital.

The thing is, she didn't really have the strength to stand up the past few days, which worries me extremely.

Everytime I ask her if we should go to see a doctor she insists that it's because she is eighth months pregnant now. I understand that it's not possible to run around all the time in the state she is in but... she seems tired a lot. Too tired.

Also it seems like she has fever but she didn't let me check it yet. It concerns me so much but no matter what, she doesn't want to leave the apartment. I already talked to my mom about it and she said that she thinks Rose is only starting to become scared of the birth. That it's normal and very common.

Yeah... we finally talked it out with my parents and they apologized for reacting like that wbut they claim that they were shocked and just wanted the best for us. I forgave them because... I get what they mean now but I also need their support at the moment.

I have this bad feeling inside of me... I don't even know what it is but I don't like it that Rose won't let me take her to a doctor.

Sighing, I fill up the glass with cold water before strolling back into the bedroom where she is still lying in our bed. Cuddled in a blanket. "Here." I say, sitting on the edge of it to help her sit up against some pillows.

"Thank you." She responds quietly, reaching for the glass. Frowning, I watch as she lifts it to her mouth with her now shaky hands. That's weird... it wasn't like that some minutes ago? Is she cold? I place my palm on her forehead to feel her temperature but it seems normal.

"Do you need another blanket?" I question, as she places it back on the nightstand. "No thanks. I'm good." Rose answers, smiling lightly while laying back down. "Are you sure? You don't feel ill or anything?"

"No Shawn. I told you so many times today already. I'm alright and I would honestly do everything to stop you from bugging me about going to the hospital." She lets out a sigh, making me grin sheepishly. "Everything?" I ask, placing both of my hands on either side of her body, to hover above her.

"Yeah?" She replies, more like a question than a statement. "I only want one thing" I whisper, holding back a grin as she furrows her eyebrows adoringly. "And that would be?"

"Seeing you walking down the aisle... in a beautiful dress. Our friends and family around, as we promise to be there for each other-."

"Shawn." Rose whines, making me sigh deeply. "We already had this talk. We don't need a wedding to know that we will always stick together." She adds, twirling a strand of my hair around her finger. Still slightly disappointed, I nod. "I know."

"Shawn." She sighs, making me look into her mesmerizing eyes.

"Hm?"

"Why is it so important for you? We don't need all that to know that we love each other." Rose states, running her fingertips up and down my jaw, then to the back of my neck where she starts to play with the short roots if hair.

"I don't know... I just thought it would be nice." I shrug, not wanting to tell her that I'm afraid. I want to stay strong for her as long as possible but lately it's been harder than I thought. I'm not oblivious to the fact that her health state got worse rapidly.