Chapter 21

Rose's POV:
Puzzled, I look at my phone which is lying with its screen on the sheets. Uh... is that? I get slightly nervous as I take it only to breath out seeing that Ava calls me. "Sorry I quickly need to get that. It's Ava." I say, smiling lightly before I disappear into the bathroom.

"Hey Rose! Why aren't you here? I hoped to have a less boring times during the show." "Hey Ava. Yeah because I'm so funny." I answer, rolling my eyes. "Better than nothing." She chuckles. "I didn't feel like going that's why. Sorry." I say, sitting on the edge of the bathtub.

"Everything alright?" "Yes don't worry." "Okey good. What I wanted to tell you is that I got the whole collection of The Vampire Diaries and you and I are going to start watching that tonight! With pizza and sweets!" Ava cheers, making me shake my head smiling. "What if I don't want to?"

"I don't care. I'll make you want to and who can say no to pizza? I have to stay a bit longer than the other but I'll be there around half past ten. See ya." She says before ending the call, giving me to chance to answer. How can someone always be so energetic?

Sometimes that's really annoying me... but she is a nice friend. It's not like we already talked about our deepest secrets together but maybe one day we will. Ava and Carter are the only two people ai can stand at the moment. Don't get me wrong.

Geoff, Mike, Josiah and the others are okey too but since Geoff saw the cuts I try to keep my distance to him. I notice how he always looks at me like he wants to talk about it but as friendly as he might mean it, can't he just mind his own business.

I exhale deeply, walking back into the bedroom. I shouldn't worry about things like that so much. "Hey." Carter smiles, making me chuckle slightly. "Hey." "So I can trust Ava that she takes care of my best friend?" He asks, crossing his arms.

I've told him about her and what she said about my brother but Carter never saw her despite being friends with Nathan. "Yes. I guess she's okey." I shrug, placing the laptop on my thighs. We keep talking until it's almost time for the others to come back. Ava will be here in about an hour or something.

"I have to go now. You really cheered me up, thank you." "Always. Goodnight Rosie." "Don't call me that." I mutter, rolling my eyes. I hate that nickname. He started calling me that when we were little and still does it now but I think Rosie sounds so weird. 

"Aww but it's so cute." "Goodnight idiot." I add, closing the laptop after blowing him a kiss. I stretch myself, thinking about what I should do now. I stand up and walk over to the window, leaning out of it to breath in the cool air. I look down as I hear male voices.

Pinching my eyes to see who it is, I recognize the back of Shawn's head and his jacket. Another man standing in front of him. The dim light of the street lamps illuminate his face a little.

He looks older than Shawn, has a dark beard and rather long hair, his upper half clothed with a black T-shirt and a leather jacket. Who could that be? The man doesn't really look like a fan due his serious expression. I shouldn't be so curious but who cares.

Changing into a jeans I rush downstairs, walking trough the lobby, then outside of the building. Fortunately it's dark outside so I could sneak to the corner of the alley without being noticed. "I'm warning you Mendes. Make sure your overprotective Manager doesn't notice anything."

"I will." Shawn answers, before I could hear footsteps coming into my direction. Shit. I was too late. Why the hell sounded that like a threat? What did Shawn do now? I quickly jog back into the lobby, waiting behind the door for Shawn to come in. Too my luck he walks past me, his eyes glued to his phone.

God, why am I so curious? That was probably just Shawn being unfriendly to someone again. Right? Slowly I walk towards the stairs, as I suddenly hear someone behind me making me jump. I turn around to see Shawn standing behind me. Great.