Chapter 66

Rose's POV:
.
Unknown number: Blocking me doesn't help buddy. Don't you understand that you are still dangerous for my sister? She doesn't deserve that. I need to talk to you. Meet me tomorrow at the bridge around seven.
.
What the...My eyes scan over the lines again and again, not believing what I just read. Wait but why is this person talking about me?

Sister? That can't be...Why would Shawn? My brother who has been gone without any clue for two years is texting Shawn? That's not possible... but who else could it be?

The person wants to meet Shawn tomorrow. When we are in Toronto again I'm going to follow Shawn and make sure it is just a misunderstanding. ‚You mean make sure if it's a misunderstanding?' I hear my inner voice ask. I hate that I can hear my thoughts like that. Can't they just shut up?

It could be that this is about someone else, right? Shawn wouldn't lie. 'Just like you don't lie to him right?' I'm about to tell him, so just shut up. I don't want this to be real. Tears cloud my vision as thousands of questions run trough my mind.

I quickly screenshot the message and send it to me before deleting it in our chat, so Shawn doesn't notice. It has to be something else I'm sure. Shawn wouldn't keep a secret like that from me.

My brother is the reason I came with them, he wouldn't lie. ‚Like you don't keep a huge secret yourself?' G Leave me alone!That's different...  „Miss Anderson?" I hear, making me look up. I see Shawn standing next to a doctor who asks me to come with him.

Soon I'm sitting on one of the all too well known hospital beds, waiting for him to tell me the results of some tests I had to do. Fortunately Shawn has to wait outside. „So Miss-." „You can call me Rose." I say.

„Alright Rose. I'm Lucas." I eye him skeptically as he looks at his clipboard full of sheets in his right hand, a pen in his left one. He seems quiet young. „So how are you feeling?" „I already know what you are gonna tell me, so please get to the point. I have heard the sweet talk enough times."

I actually don't mean to sound rude but I'm thinking about everything but my heart right now.

Lucas looks at me pretty shocked before a sad little smile spreads across his face. Just like every doctor smiles when there are only bad news but they just want to give you non existing hope.

„Okey... well, then I guess you know that you will ned a heart soon. With soon don't mean like next week but-." „I know."

„You are on the waiting list so if you keep taking your medications, there is a chance... it's small but it's there. I will give you a receipt and some other pills which are a bit stronger. You mustn't take too much of them okey? Just the dosis which I've written on the package." I nod, examining my chapped nail black polish on my right hand. I should really wipe it off.

„Rose-„ „Can I go now?" I ask, impatiently. I don't want to hear it anymore. Why should I get my hopes up if I'm gonna be disappointed anyways. „Of course. Only one a day of them and your normal ones as usual." he says, handing me the new pills.

„Thanks." I reply, walking out of the room. "Hey." Shawn says softly, standing up from the waiting chair to approach me. "Hey." I show my best fake smile and a somewhat relieved expression washes over his face. 'Ready to lie again?'

„What's wrong?" Shawn asks because he probably noticed that I made a guilty face at the comment of my inner voice."Huh? Oh nothing." I reply, chuckling lightly. Wrinkles form between his eyebrows as he eyes me confused.

„So what did the doctor say? Are you okey?" "Yes, I'm okey. Just like I told you. I only need to take other pills." I respond, waving the little box in front of him. His tensed figure loosens a bit as he seems to believe me.