Chapter 63

Rose's POV:
I laugh, watching Shawn playing air guitar while shaking his head with the beat of ‚Use somebody' as we stand behind the band backstage. That looks too adorable.

I take my phone out and film him as he gives everything. „Hey!" Shawn says, as he notices me recording him. „What?" I ask, pretending like I didn't do anything. Shawn comes towards me wrapping his arms around my waist to pull me close.

„You are so cute." I chuckle, ruffling trough his hair. Shawn rolls his eyes, a small smile still on his lips. „I guess you calling me cute is better than you hating me." He mutters, stroking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

„I hope so." I smile, standing on my tip toes to peck his lips. As I was about to pull back, Shawn cups my cheeks holding my head near his to keep kissing me. I smile into the kiss holding onto his arms.

„Did you get the picture?" Geoff questions, causing me to break the kiss and turn around where he was standing with Josiah. Oh... I forgot that they are standing there.

„You definitely have to post that." Josiah says, showing us the pictures. While I probably red like a tomato, Shawn doesn't care at all that they just caught us kissing. Good thing that it's already dark.

„I will." Shawn grins, placing his around my waist pulling me closer to his side. I try to ignore the looks of the boys, starting to listen to the concert again.

„You have lipstick there." I chuckle, wiping the red color off under his lips. „I guess you have to remove the rest with your lips." Shawn grins, moving his head towards me but I turn my do he kisses my cheek.

Ignoring his pouting I lean my head against his shoulder as he stands behind me, his arms securely around me. Smiling, I close my eyes, taking in this... well actually perfect moment. I feel completely okey and actually happy.

I could stay like this forever... My eyes open again as my body suddenly tenses. It's just that I can't. I still haven't told him. F*ck. How should I do it?

„Everything okey?" Shawn asks, kissing my cheek. „Y-yeah." I reply, chuckling lightly to reassure him. „Everything is fine." I smile up to him, causing his skeptical frown to disappear.

Just one more night without the worries, then I will tell him. But for now I just want to enjoy it. „Shawn?" I question. „Yeah?" „Can we go somewhere after the concert?"

„Where?" „Anywhere but back to the hotel." I say, intertwining our fingers in front of me. „Of course, hun." Shawn responds, his head resting on top of mine.

I exhale deeply, gazing up into the sky since it's an open air concert. It looks so beautiful and calm... A tear rolls down my cheek, dropping onto my hand so I quickly wipe it on my sleeve.

To be honest, Shawn is my only anchor right now which holds me back from giving up on everything. The only thing that makes me want to stand up in the morning instead of just waiting there till it's all over.

I don't want to loose that. He makes it harder but also more bearable. Is it selfish that I don't want to let him go anymore? It is... I'm willing to put him trough pain so I have someone...

That's not right but I can't... I don't know what to do without him. It scared me for the longest time. To get attached to someone so much that it hurts to see them walk away.

I managed to get over Liam but I don't know if I could get over him. Shawn gives me a way different feeling than Liam did. Just the feeling I need right now.

God, why is everything so complicated? Another tear makes its way down my cheek as I bite my lip trying to stop it. I blink the upcoming ones away, squeezing Shawn's hand lightly.

„Shawn?" I question, my voice cracking but due the music he couldn't hear it. „Rose?" „I..." I start, sighing. „I love you." I bit my lips as I hear nothing for a few moments. Wait... isn't that what he wanted to hear?

„What did I just hear?" Shawn asks, turning me around with a wide smile on his face. The sight alone makes me smile too. „I love you and I mean it. I would have meant it last week too, you just surprised me with it." I chuckle.

„ love you too, darling." Shawn smiles, before connecting my lips with his. I smile, burying my head in his chest as we sway a little from side to side. „You don't know how happy I am right now." Shawn mumbles kissing the top of my head.

„Me too." I say, squeezing him a bit tighter. „Didn't know you could be so cuddly. I like it." Shawn laughs, the sound making my body tingle.

Tomorrow I'm going to be the one who destroys all this... After the concert I wait in the car, scrolling trough my phone half asleep, while they are still talking with the band. I get woken up a bit as Shawn's phone which lays next to me on the seat stars to ring.

I gaze over at it, shrugging as I see an unknown number. Can't be someone important then. Right after the person stopped calling, it starts to ding.

Why would he not save the person who texts him? As curious as I am I look at who sent him a message only to see that there's no name but the message make me frown.
.
Unknown number: How often did I tell you to stay away from her? End it or it will have consequences.