Chapter 100

Rose's POV:
„Where the hell are you?" Shawn speaks into the phone, his voice still raspy like he just woke up. „Uh..." I mumble, my eyes widening as I look at Ava for help.

„Rose, don't make the same mistake again. Tell him now, not months later!" she whisper yells, pushing the phone back to my ear. „Ava I will. Trust me. But I can't right now. It's better if I do it in Toronto." I whisper back, holding my hand over my phone so Shawn couldn't hear.

She eyes me skeptically with crossed arms but I ignore it. He would only freak out. I need to find the right moment and I want to go to a doctor first. Just to make sure.

„Rose? Hellooo?"

„Oh uh yeah... I'm with Ava." I reply, biting my fingernails nervously. „At two in the morning?" Shawn asks and I could literally picture him, furrowing his eyebrows in disbelief.

„Yeah, I wasn't feeling so good but you were so exhausted that I didn't want to wake you up.
Everything's fine now, don't worry." I reassure, trying to sound as believable as possible.

„Oh... but  I've told you so many times that you should tell me when you are not feeling well." he sighs and I could hear shuffling in the background. „Yeah I know Shawn but you needed sleep."

„Just come back now okey? You almost gave me a heart attack... again." „Don't dramatize it babe. I'm two doors next to you." I chuckle, attempting to lighten up the mood but Shawn seems torn between being relieved and slightly angry.

„Could you please just come here now? You have enough time to talk to Ava at home." he responds. „I'm on my way." I say, before hanging up. "I have to go. Thanks for coming with me. Night." Just as I was about to walk through the bathroom door, I could hear Ava calling my name.

„Huh?" I ask, turning to look at her. "Come here." She sighs, pulling me into a hug which takes me by surprise but I gladly hug back a few seconds later. "I just wanted to say that I'm here to help whatever the outcome will be. You are not alone in this okey?"

„Thank you." I mumble, pulling back with a light smile and shoving the pregnancy tests into my pocket. "I still think you are dumb though. So don't get drunk ever again."
Ava mocks, making me chuckle weakly. „Yeah yeah. Goodnight."

„Goodnight best friend!" She calls after me as I make my way towards Shawn and I's room, causing me to shake my head amused while thinking about the time I couldn't really stand her. It all feel like it's years ago but actually it's only a few months.

Letting out a deep sigh, I quietly open the door being faced with a not so pleased looking Shawn, standing in the doorway. Please don't let this turn into a fight tonight. "Hey, what are you up to?" I question, smiling hopefully that he will just let it slip and not ask me where I was again. "I was just about to get you. You took so long."

„Oh yeah. We got a bit caught up in talking but here I am." I reply, strolling into the direction of the bathroom as calm as possible. Trying not to show how nervous I am that he might notice something, I turn around, standing with my back against the door.

„I'll be in bed in a minute. You don't have to wait."

Shawn just nods but doesn't take his eyes off me for, not a single a moment. Why does he watch me like that? Did he see the tests or do I just look like I murdered someone?

"What?" I ask, chuckling awkwardly as I attempt to cover the pocket of my jacket with one hand, so he doesn't see that there's something in there.

„Why would you put your jacket on? I thought you were in Ava's room?" 
Shawn questions and I could feel my throat grow dryer as I'm searching for an excuse. "Uhmm... we went for a walk."