Chapter 37

Rose's POV:
I sigh, washing the red liquid off of my arm. I couldn't help it. Everytime Andrew tells me that he hasn't got any news yet I start to feel lost even more.

What am I even gonna say if I meet Nathan? Oh hey you left me completely alone as I needed you but it's fine. Yeah no...

I'm not gonna say that. Am I gonna be mad? I'm not mad at him now... maybe there is a reason why he left but why did he never try to contact me in the past one and a half year? Maybe he doesn't even want to see me? I shouldn't worry about that now.

I will see how it goes if we find him. I grab the bandage wrapping it around my wrist. At least I have a reason to keep wearing the bandage thanks to Shawn. I wonder if he's really going to come over later. Not that I hope he does...

I should really start to study and not worry about anything else. I have to pass. I don't want to drop out of school. Exhaling deeply I sit onto the bed, leaning my back against the headboard, turning on my computer.

My phone dings, signaling that I got a new message, so I open the chats, noticing that an unknown number texted me. Frowning I read the message.
.
Unknown Number: Donuts or Muffins?
You: I think you got the wrong number.
Unknown Number: Is this Rose?
You: Yes?
Unknown Number: Then I have got the right number.
You: Who the hell are you?
Unknown Number: You would like to know huh? ;)
You: Yes that's why I'm asking but now I'm just gonna block you
Unknown Number: No wait! It's me Shawn.
You: How did you get my number? And to answer your question, take Donuts I don't really like muffins.
Shawn: Are you serious?
You: Yes?
Shawn: I'm not gonna come over anymore. Which cruel person doesn't like muffins?!!
You: Me, you can bring me donuts and then leave again.
.
I chuckle, placing my phone on the nightstand before starting to learn for my English exam. At least am not bad in any subjects.

The only thing where I have to learn more Biology and maybe Maths. Another half and hour passes and I already have enough.

Should I just fail everything and try my career as a photographer and in the meanwhile I can work as an Au pair. Not a bad idea, right?

I haven't texted Carter in the last two days. But he hasn't either which is not normal for him. Maybe he has just a lot to do with work. I grab my phone again, deciding to call him. „Hey Rose." he says, after picking up. „Hey Carter! Do you have time for a few minutes?"

„Actually not I'm at work. Is it something important?" He never said no when I called him. Not even at work. Is something wrong? „Oh uh... no I just wanted to talk. It's fine." I say, kinda sad. I miss him more and more everyday and we haven't FaceTimed in a while.

„No no, I can stop for a few minutes. How's it going?" he asks, making me smile. „Actually good. It's fun to see so many different places and Ava is pretty cool." „I can't believe it! My little meanie found a girl she likes." Carter cheers.

„Haha, oh now that we are talking about girls, you still haven't called your crush and you haven't told me her name." „Rose..." „Why is it so hard for you to tell me? Don't you trust me?" I question.

"No it's not that! It's complicated. I will tell you when we see us the next time in person okey?" „Why not now?" I pout, even though I know he can't see me. „Just because. Now I really have to continue working. See you." „Carter?" „Yeah?" „I really miss you. Take care." I sigh. „I miss you too Rosie. Be careful aswell and don't be too mean to people!" he says, making me chuckle.

„I can't promise anything. Bye idiot." I say after he said bye too. It always makes me feel better to talk to him but also sad. I don't know why but I miss being home.