Chapter 80

Rose's POV:
„I can't make it, honey. Sorry. What about you ask Ava to go look for a dress and I'll pick you up later so that we can get ready?"

„Okey, fine. Should it be anything special?" „No it doesn't have to be. It's just dinner with the others and some singers." Shawn speaks into the phone, which I have trapped between my head and left shoulder, while I try to put on my shoes.

„Alright, have fun. See you then." „You too babe. And buy anything you want, okey?"

„Yeah yeah." „What? For what else should I spend my money if not for my lovely girlfriend?" Shawn asks, making me chuckle.

„Didn't say anything. However I need to go." „Take care." That's the last thing I hear before I hang up. A small smile plays on my lips as I head into the lobby of the hotel we are staying in.

Once I spot Ava, I approach her and we walk to the car together. I actually wanted to be kinda mad at Shawn since this is the third time he said he couldn't come even though three days ago he told me I'm his first choice.

Anyways... I'm probably overreacting again. I can be glad that Shawn doesn't seem to mind when I'm like that. „Earth to Rose. Should we go?" Ava questions waving her hand in front of me, making me realize that we are still just standing in the car park. „Oh... uh yeah." I stutter, shaking my head as we sit in.

Ava just gives me a confused look but I ignore it not wanting to cause a scene now. My eyes focuse on the beautiful landscape of San Diego.

„Spit it out." Ava suddenly states after a while of silence. „What?" I ask, turning my head towards her. "I know that something's bothering you. You can tell me." "It's fine Ava... actually it's just stupid don't worry." I mumble, shrugging.

„It's bothering you. Then at least tell Carter, if you don't want to talk to me. I just don't want to see you like that." "Ava stop getting emotional please." I chuckle, causing her to smile sheepishly.

„It honestly is stupid and therefore I should just nit think about it. I already forgave you, you know that." I add, averting my eyes back out of the window.

Ava replies with an uncertain 'Okey' before we finally talk about something else, until we arrive at the mall. „Let's go there first." Ava says excitedly, pointing to her favourite shop. A give her a half hearted smile, trying not to let my mood ruin the shopping trip now.

Surprisingly fast I found a cute dark blue dress that ends shortly above my knees and a beige jacket for the dinner later. With the shopping bag in my I wait in front of the changing rooms for Ava who still can't decide between like 20 dresses and skirts.

„I'll be ready in a minute! I already cut it down to 8 different ones." she calls out behind the black curtain. „Mhm." I mumble, rolling my eyes while scrolling trough twitter to pass the time.

„I could literally feel that eye roll." she scoffs, making me chuckle. Sighing, I stuff my phone back in my pocket deciding to look around in the shop a bit more. Just as I walk past the large window, I see some girls staring the me and whispering to each other.

It happens everytime when Shawn and I, or even if it's just me, walk around somewhere public so I should actually be kinda used to it by now but I still hate it.

What makes me even more uncomfortable is when they keep looking at me when I already saw them. Just like these girls right now. I exhale deeply and just walk away into the back of the shop. My phone vibrates, signaling that I got a message so I take it out of my pocket.
.
Shawn: Hey love, I'm sorry but I can't pick you up. Still have some stuff to do with Geoff and Andrew. We will see us in the hotel, okey? Xx
You: Okey x
.
I could have already expected that. I don't know why but since Geoff came in that day he always looks at me kinda... I don't know. Worried? Or it's just me being paranoid...My thoughts get interrupted by a Ava calling my name.

I turn around to see her standing by the entrance with three bags in her hands. I chuckle lightly while walking over to her so we could head out.

„Trying to impress Austin?" I question, wiggling my eyebrows. „Maybe..." she laughs. „At least he should be impressed because I got him a little surprise. He has to like it-."

„Okey I don't want any more details. It's already enough for me that I walked in on you two." I interrupt her, pulling a disgusted face.

„Alright alright. I wasn't gonna go into detail. So what about you and Shawnie?" She asks with a grin on her face as she nudges my arm. I roll my eyes once again, my cheeks flushing automatically.

Luckily I didn't get to answer because suddenly some people appeared in front of us, some of them holding cameras. Well...more or less luckily.

„Rose! I'm Johnson. Time for a few quick questions?" a man asks, holding a little voice recorder in his hand. „Sorry but we need to go." I quickly say, walking past them but they don't give up that easily.

Shawn told me to ignore the paparazzi as much as possible and not to answer their questions. „Just a minute. What do you think about Shawn spending quite a lot time with Camila Cabello lately? Is that why he isn't with you at the moment?" another woman asks, as they follow us with quick steps.

„Come on Rose, you don't need to say anything." Ava says as she takes my arm to pull me with her. Of course, we get stopped by a crowd of other people im the mall, so that the paparazzi could easily circle us in.

My heart drops immediately as I feel the panic rise up in me. All I can hear are voices talking and asking questions while flashlights blind me. Knowing that I'm about to have a panic attack, I kneel down, shielding my eyes from all the lights.

My breath quickens rapidly and my body shakes as usual when I have one but this time it feels different. Not a good different. „Rose? Do you hear me? God, don't you idiots see that she is not okey? Leave!" I know that Ava is shouting but I can hear her voice only faintly.

Suddenly my chest tightens painfully, my head starts to pound and my hands tremble uncontrollably as I cling onto my hair. „Please stop." I whimper, hoping they would just finally go away.

Dizziness overcomes me but I try to stay awake. I'm scared that I won't wake up if I fall unconscious now. „Rose listen, you need to stand up so we can leave okey? Everything is fine..."

I try to focus on her voice so I keep my eyes from rolling back. „Ava." I choke out, squeezing my eyes shut.