Pidge | Happy Birthday!

A/n: Happy late birthday to our youngest Paladin! They grow up so fast! *sheds tear*

Here's a special chapter for Pidge and all of her fans.

Word count- 917

Your POV

You and the Paladins were trying to make today seem like a normal day, but it wasn't. Today was Pidges birthday. She probably thought that you guys didn't know, but you did. Little did she knew you were making her a surprise birthday party.

Hunk was making a feast, delicious exotic foods covered the tables, along with a towering birthday cake. Lance and Allura were happily decorating the ship, they even got Keith to pitch. Even if he wouldn't admit it, he was enjoying it. Coran was also helping decorate too, but his idea of decorating was confetti and streamers everywhere. So he ran around the room, throwing the colorful stuff in the air. Shiro was helping with whatever he could. And there was you, your job was to distract Pidge.

So there you were, sitting next to her as she was attempting to put upgrades on her Lion. Key word "attempt". She couldn't seem to get something to work the way she wanted to, because she slammed her fists against the desk.

"God darn it!" She hung her head in defeat.

You winced a bit at the bang her fists made when collided with the metal. But then you spoke softy. "It's alright, Pidge. You'll get it."

You knew mechanics, but nowhere to the extent Pidge did. You knew how to build and program smaller things. Just like the lego robots we made in school. But Pidge was programming something far, far bigger.

"It's just so frustrating. I don't know how this advanced technology works." She said, holding her head in her palm.

"Pidge, you're the smartest person I know. You'll be able to give your Lion a-uh... an electric fence."

She smiled. "An electromagnetic field."

"Yes. Just what I said." You smiled sheepishly.

She smiled and got back to work, mumbling," Electric fence." Under her breath.

You were waiting for the signal. The one to know when it was alright to bring Pidge to her party.

"AHHHH! STOP, KEITH!" Lance shouted.

"I'LL KILL YOU, LANCE!" Keith roared.

There is was.

"Should we help?" She asked.

"Probably."
.
The next moment you were walking Pidge towards the party, the way Keith's and Lance's voices came from. The room was dark, too dark to see anything.

"SURPRISE!" Everyone shouted as the lights turned on. A fresh explosion of confetti filled the air as Coran used a giant party popper.

"I thought you guys forgot about my birthday." Pidge said, looking around the decorated room.

"Of course not!" Lance shouted.

"But it was all (y/n)'s idea, wasn't it, guys?" Shiro said.

"Yeah!"

You blushed a light red. "It was nothing-"

"Thank you!" Pidge hugged you.

"I couldn't have done it without without them." You smiled at the rest of the team.

"Thank you. This means so much to me." Pidges eyes lit up.

"That's not all! Wait until you see the cake Hunk made, it's huge!" Lance said.

"You made me a cake?" Pidge laughed.

"Yes of course-I guess. Coran and I don't really know much about the birthday tradition." Allura said.

Everyone's jaw dropped. "You don't!?"

"No." Allura blinked. "Alteans didn't have the holiday."

"Well let's start the party then!" Lance shouted. "Come on, guys!"

Everyone rushed to the kitchen. Food covered the table, along with the giant centerpiece, the cake.

"Woah, Hunk, you made all of this?" Pidge asked.

"Yeah." Hunk blushed, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Let's eat, I'm hungry." You said.

Everyone sat down at the table, gladly digging into the feast Hunk had created. We stuffed ourselves to the brim, but found some room for the cake. It seemed like it had every flavor in it, even ones you couldn't name.

"Thank you, guys, for everything." Pidge smiled.

"Oh that's not it, Pidge." You smiled.

"Oh yeah! We got you presents!" What could you say, Lance was a party guy.

"Wait. You guys got me presents?" Pidge asked.

Everyone nodded excitedly before before running to the closest and grabbing the few gifts we had.

Sitting back down at the table, we handed her the gifts. There were only two of them. But if we could have gotten more we definitely would have.

Pidge opened up the smallest one first. It was a big book written in Altean.

"I know it's written in Altean, but I thought it would be useful. It's about how the Lions were made. I thought it would come in handy for when you try to fix and upgrade them." Allura smiled.

"Thank you so much!" She flipped through a few pages quickly. But then she moved into the next gift.

Pidge had to unwrap the present, and then open the box it was in. Inside, there was a TV that you had built.

"Where the frick did you get a TV?!" She asked.

"I build it, you know, for your game you bought at the space mall-"

Pidge quickly embraced you in a bone crushing hug. "Thank you so much."

You blushed a light red. "You're welcome."

The rest of the night you and Pidge stayed up all night to play the game. You guys passed the whole thing in one day.
.
A/n: I hope you liked it!

The next ones gonna be something different I think, you'll see!

Until next time.

~Becca