Pirate! Keith x Mermaid! Reader | AU | Part 2 |

A/n: Hey my dudes! Thank you so, so much for 180K! 20K more before I make the wedding preference. Make sure to answer the questions at the bottom of the chapter!—they involve the next part of this small series ;)

There's a lot of mention of docks and decks and I can't tell you how many times it turned out as dicks so hopefully there aren't too many dicks in this chapter.

Word count- 1081 words

Enjoy~

Spending days in a small tub of water wasn't something that you wanted to do again, but you were willing to do it if it meant you would be able be with your lover. It was amazing to wake up and see him beside you, to not wake up wondering when he would be back.

"Good morning," Keith said, tenderly brushing away a lock of your hair that had fallen onto your face.

"Good morning, love," You said. You stretched your arms and tail as far as you could, trying to loosen up the stiff joints.

Immediately Keith scowled; he hated that you were cooped up in this small tub for so long, unable to swim around and move as you wished. 'Not for long,' He thought. "We're almost there," He stated.

"Almost where?" You asked with a smile on your face.

"To my village."

You immediately got more nervous. You were going to be so close to so many humans. "You'll be okay," Keith said, seeing your change in mood. He took your hand. "I'll keep you safe, I promise."

You squeezed his hand. "I know."

* * *

It was night when you arrived. It was pretty quiet, only a few people's voices could be heard drifting across the shore. While you were happy that it was night so you and Keith would be more alone, you were sad because you couldn't see the village very well in the dark. The parts that you could see had you in awe, though.

Buildings, you were seeing buildings. Stores, schools, houses with families inside. You finally got to see more of the world than just your own town under the sea.

Keith informed you that his home was on the edge of the village and next to the sea. It sounded perfect, besides that fact that there wasn't a dock over there, so you were a long ways away from where you needed to get.

"It's dark out," He said. "I can either bring you there across the docks and to the paths and streets, or I could lower you to the water and you could swim there."

A real swim sounded amazing. Your tail was cramped from not being able to move in so long, and you were dying to get back under the waves.

"I can swim there," You said.

He started to carry you down the latter. His feet hit the dock quietly, trying not to capture anybody's attention. "There," He whispered quietly. He pointed to a house quite a distance away. "Be careful, there's sometime's people on the docks late at night."

"Okay," You whispered.

He leaned in and pecked your lips. "Stay safe, Sunshine."

He leaned over and carefully placed you into the water. The sea was cool against your skin. You sighed in pleasure. "I'll see you there," You said.

He tied his ship to the dock and started to walk away. You carefully started to swim in the direction he pointed in. The small amount of lighting from the moon and few lamps casted shadows into the water. You swam through them to try and stay hidden.

Finally you came up for some air and to see where you were going.

"Hey, I think I saw a shark," You heard a man from above you on the dock say.

"Don't be crazy, Phil," Another said. "You know sharks don't come up this far north."

"Yeah, probably because you kill them, then," You mumbled under your breath.

"Did you hear that," They said.

You cursed in your mind and as carefully as you could you swam down the length of the dock before finally going under.

When you popped your head back up you were away from the docks. You were nervous to show yourself but when you heard Keith quietly say his name and wave from the deck of his house all of that fear went away. You swam up to his deck and pulled the top half of your body out of the water.

"I made it," You said.

"You did." He sat down next to you, dangling his feet over the water. "So, what do you think?"

You took the time to really look around. It was beautiful. It was more than you could have ever imagined.

"I'm so happy you took me with you," You admitted.

"Me too," He said. "I have a trapdoor leading straight to the water."

You nodded. He got up and walked inside. You lowered yourself back into the water and swam under his house. The trap door opened above you, the light from inside reflecting onto you and the water around you. The door was about the size of the door leading into his house.

He smiled at you before getting to work. He built a small chair/shelf-like thing and fastened it to the bottom of the hole. You now had somewhere to sit and maybe even lay down on, but it was still slightly in the water.

"Thank you," You said.

"You're welcome," He said.

You yawned, suddenly feeling tired from all of that traveling. Even if you were dying to swim around the urge to sleep was even greater.

"Good night," He said to you, seeing how tired you were.

"Good night."

* * *

As the months went by you realized you were happier than ever, still, it wasn't enough. You loved being able to wake up and fall asleep near him, but you wanted to be in his arms. You loved being able to go with him on his adventures but there was only so much you could do, so much you could see.

You wanted to experience more of what the world offered to give.

You wanted legs.

* * *

A/n: Sorry for the rough ending but it's question time! I'm thinking about doing a little Ariel thing... and if I do should the reader have to give up something for legs? Voice? Sight? Hearing? What do you think?

Anyways I'll see ya next time, my dudes!

~Becca