Keith | Extended childbirth

A/n: Hey guys! A lot of people wondered if you died at the end of the Keith Childbirth preference, since it wasn't clear. So here is an extended ending. I hope you like it!

Also, thank you guys for 25K :)

Word count- 937 words

Enjoy~

It all started with agonizing pain, so bad all you could do was scream. It all happened so quickly. The pain, your water breaking, being ready to push.

They gave you an epidural to help numb the pain, but it still didn't go away completely. You were freaking out, Keith was freaking out. You were unaware to the fact that the doctors were freaking out as well.

You clutched the rails of the bed as you pushed, unaware to the problem you had.

A shrill wailing soon filled the room, and the doctors handed you a baby wrapped up in a soft blue blanket.

You smiled as tears filled your eyes, tears of complete utter joy and love for your baby. "Look at him, Keith, he's so tiny."

Keith stared at the baby in your arms, eyes tearing up as well. He was a father. He never thought this would happen. But he also didn't think that he would be lucky enough to get someone like you.

But the happiness didn't last, because you started to get dizzy and faint as black spots filled your vision. Luckily Keith was able to take your son into his arms before you could drop him.

"She's hemorrhaging." A doctor stated.

"She's losing a lot of blood." Another added.

Doctors started rushing into the room, all heading straight towards you. You looked into Keith's eyes before slowly shutting them from exhaustion and weakness.

"What's happening?!" Keith shouted over the commotion, holding his wailing son in his arms.

The doctors didn't give an explanation, because they were too busy trying to save you from bleeding out. They shoved him out the room, some other nurses bringing him to another room.

Keith was in shock as he took a seat in an uncomfortable hospital chair. Your son would not stop crying, maybe he knew what was going on. So he tried to soothe your baby

"Hey, little guy." Keith held the boy closer to him.

The baby slowly stopped crying, opening his eyes for the first time. Keith's his filled with tears when he saw they were a beautiful (e/c), just like yours. They reminded him of you, and why the three of you weren't together, bonding.

"Your mommy is going to be all right," A tear rolled his face. "She loves you so much."

Keith desperately wanted you to be okay. He knew you were a fighter, but it still scared him, the fact that you could die. He promised himself that if anything were to ever happen to you, he would be the best dad ever. He just hoped his son would have the mother he never had.
.
It seemed like days before a nurse walked back into the room. Keith had his head resting against the wall behind him, your son snuggling into his arms. Your son was the only think keeping Keith from not falling apart.

"Is she okay?!" Keith stated, accidentally startling the baby in his arms. He then desperately tried to calm him, not wanting to hear him cry.

"She's fine," The nurse smiled. "She should be resting, but she insisted on seeing you."

Keith released a breath that he didn't know he was holding in. He didn't have to be told twice. He stood up, holding the baby to his chest. Your son stopped crying at the feeling of Keith's heartbeat, giving Keith the chance to start walking with the nurse to your room. He desperately wished she would walk faster. He wanted to see you now.

Finally she lead him to the room. With a smile, she opened the for for him, allowing him to enter the room.

In a moment he had walked over to your bedside. There were many IVs and machines hooked up to you, but you were alive, and that's what mattered to him.

Your eyelids fluttered before meeting a steady gaze with Keith's. A smile came to your lips, weak, but still there. "Hey, Keith."

Your mere whisper brought tears to his eyes. He was so happy that you were alive. "I was so scared," he admitted.

"Hey," You said softly, placing a hand on his cheek, wiping away the few tears that managed to slip from his eyes. "I wasn't going to leave without saying goodbye."

Keith leaned into your touch, cherishing the feeling of your warm hand pressed tenderly against his cheek.

"Can I hold him?" You asked, looking at your son snuggling in Keith's chest.

"Yeah, of course."

Keith carefully cradled the baby in one of his arms while he other moved behind your back, propping you up. Slowly, he moved his arm towards you, giving you the chance to grab your son and hold him for the first time. Keith wrapped his arm around you, the other hand he placed against one of your hands, helping you pull the small baby towards your chest.

Your son's eyes slowly opened, revealing (e/c) hues.

"He's so beautiful," You turned your head to look at Keith, a few tears leaking from your own eyes.

"Just like you," Keith said, leaning in and pressing his lips to yours.

You giggled, "Stop, you're making me blush."

"Mmm, good," He buried his face into the crook of your neck, holding you close, and he wasn't thinking of letting you go anytime soon.
.
A/n: I hope you liked it! Feel free to leave a request down below! I'll have more time to write this week, so a few ideas would be amazing :)

May we meet again.

~Becca