Altean! Lance x Human! Reader | Is that a chicken?

A/n: Hey my dudes! Here's the other I wrote. This one was a request I got a long time ago. Sorry for the wait. I hope I get to the rest of the requests soon. Thursday is my last day of Sophomore year, and I don't know whether to be excited or scared to be officially half way done with HS... Anyways, enjoy!

Word count- 800 words.

Enjoy~

"Is that a chicken?" Lance asked, pointing to a pig.

You laughed. "No, Lance, that's a pig."

Ever since everyone had started their life here on Earth you have been trying to expose Lance to as many Earth things as possible, as it would be the culture and atmosphere he would be living in from now on. But the constant trips to new places weren't just to show him your planet, but also to distract him from the loss of his sister, Allura.

That was really tough, for the both of you. The person Lance had been so close to for his whole life was suddenly gone, leaving a gaping hole in her place. You were there for him, to love and care for him, not exactly to fill the hole, but to slowly help him to learn to live with it.

Despite his loss, he was happy with you—happy to have you and to love you.

"Wow, these animals are so different from Altean ones," Lance said.

You had taken a trip to the zoo in hopes to get him to understand more of the wildlife here on Earth. It worked, halfway; he loved the strange diversity but was also confused by it. You found it funny—Altean creatures seemed so much more confusing in your mind.

"Yes, they are," You agreed.

"What's—AHHH IT'S ATTACKING ME!" Lance shouted. A goat had bitten the back of his sweater and was tugging on it.

You held back a laugh as all of the parents and kids in the petting zoo turned to look your boyfriend. You gently petted the goat's head and fed it some of the animal feed.

"They're evil," Lance hissed as a chicken pecked your foot.

"They aren't evil, they're just hungry?"

"Hungry for people?" Lance asked, looking absolutely terrified.

"No, no, no! Of course not." You laughed. "Here," you gave him some pellets to feed the animals, "feed them this, and don't worry, they don't bite... probably."

Lance held his hand out in fear towards the goat. He closed his eyes tightly as it ate from his hand, but when he realized it wasn't going to hurt him he smiled and petted it lightly. "Oh, they aren't evil."

"They wouldn't let us in here if they were," You stated.

"I guess you're right. What's next?" He asked eagerly.

You grabbed his and and led him out of the petting zoo. You washed your hands before heading off to the monorail. It felt weird to travel in something different than a spaceship or lion, especially when it was moving so smoothly and slowly.

Eventually you arrived at the next stop and decided to get off. Lance slipped his hand into yours when you started to walk down the crowded sidewalk. Kids screamed and laughed happily, playing on a large playground and riding a carousel. Lance looked at them with a child-like wonder, making you smile at his astonishment.

"Do you want to ride the carousel?" You asked him.

He nodded happily, and there was no way you could say no to that. You handed him a few dollars to buy a ticket, but he grabbed your hand and pulled you into line. He gave you a bright smile, and you didn't care anymore, you were going to ride the carousel.

Lance handed the ticket-man a few dollars and quickly pulled you into the carousel, making you laugh loudly. He jumped onto a zebra, and you got onto the one next to him, ignoring the stares of parents waiting for their kids to ride.

You wanted to give Lance the chance to experience everything, even things that usually only a kid did. That ended up with the two of you spending the day on the playground, the sprinkler park, getting face-paint and temporary tattoos, and eating a whole bunch of surgery food.

"Where can we go next?" Lance asked. "There's so much to see, so much to learn about!"

You smiled brightly. "Well there's museums and water parks and amusement parks and playgrounds and—"

"I want to go to them all, with you," He said.

You blushed, but you knew he couldn't see it under your (favorite/animal/facepaint). "Yeah, me too."

* * *

A/n: Sorry for the rough ending but I hope you liked it. I'm hoping to write another today, maybe two.

See ya next time, my dudes!

~Becca