Pirate! Keith x Mermaid! Reader | AU | Part 3 | Final?

A/n: Hey my dudes! I wanted to thank you all for all of the comment on the last part. It was hard to pick what the price would be for the reader to get legs, so I went with what had the most votes.

I wanted your guys' thoughts on something. When I reach 200k I think I'm going to do a face reveal. I'm kinda nervous for it, but I think I'm going to do it anyway. But I was also thinking of doing either a Q&A, or some kind of a contest. I was thinking maybe there could be a drawing or something and the winner could have a chapter they wrote added in this book, or I could write one for theirs, or we could work together??? Is that something anyone is actually interested in???

Anyways I hope you like the chapter! I really liked this series so I'm kind of sad for it to be ending (unless if you guys have anymore ideas?)

Word count- 2131 words.

Enjoy~

Your POV

You were starting to settle into your life with Keith. Every morning the two of you would wake up to the sound of everyone else making their way around the village. On occasion you would wake up earlier, and you would use that time as a chance to swim around the bay. You'd always return before the sun got too high though. You didn't want to risk anybody seeing you.

The rest of the day Keith and you would stay inside. Sometimes he had a few things to do, but when he wasn't out in his boat he was inside, tucked away with you.

Luckily you got to go with Keith on his adventures. About once a week you'd swim out to his boat either early morning or late at night. He'd then carry you up the latter, carrying you over to the tub you stayed in when he first took you with him.

But even those adventures—once the only thing that filled your veins with joy and excitement—were starting to grow dull.

You hated yourself for feeling that way. Keith had done so much for you. He took care of you, he risked everything for you. But for some reason that couldn't be enough.

You wanted legs.

You wanted to explore the world with him. Not from the boat, or the shoreline, but to actually walk about, seeing what was further inland. There had to be more than just the coastal villages, there had to.

"What are you thinking about, Sunshine?" He asked you. You had been gazing into the water below for who knows how long now.

"Nothing," You said. That couldn't be further from a lie.

The past few days all you could think about was how you could make your dream come true. And you think you found a way that could work.

When you were young, there were stories of an old witch that lived in a cave in the Altean mountain. She could do magic, but she was evil. There were stories about her helping people though, and maybe, just maybe, she would help you.

That is, if the takes were true, but the story had to come from somewhere, right?

You were going to tell Keith, but you thought that there was a chance that he would try and stop you from going, to keep you safe. So you kept it a secret from him.

The next night you were ready. You were going to do this. So after Keith fell asleep, snoring softly, you carefully slipped into the water, trying not to make a splash. You hoped that if he woke up, seeing that you were gone, that he would just think that you were swimming around the bay like you sometimes did.

After you got a safe distance away from the village you turned around, glancing at Keith's home and watching the lights dance across the water. But then you went back under and started to swim.