Lotor | Soulmate AU

A/n: Hey guys, how are you?! I watched season six today and wow. I know this kinda goes against it—NO SPOILERS PLEASE! I hope you liked the season though.

Also, thanks for the 12K! It means so much to me. :)

Word count- 906 words

Enjoy~

Your POV

You looked into the large mirror in your room of the castle. You were twenty-two, but looked the exact same as you did at eighteen. This wasn't abnormal though, as this happened to everyone before you found your solemate.

Your mother had waited almost a decade before she has met your father, causing her to look eighteen for that long.

Still, that wasn't a long time to wait. There were many accounts that people have waited many decades—even centuries, to meet their perfect match. You didn't want to wait that long, but you would be patient of it meant meeting your solemate.

The castles alarms started to blare. Coran soon told everyone why, over the Castle's intercom.

"Paladins, there is an intruder in the Castle!"

You suited up as fast as possible. You grabbed your bayard before running out of your room, still putting your helmet on as you went. You knew all of the Paladins would start searching the Castle, trying to find this intruder.

"(Y/n), he is just down the hall! Keep going. Everyone else will be there soon." Coran tried to reassure you.

You kept running down the hall. Your breaths were even heavier than they usually were when you ran like you were currently, because you were trying to take larger ones to calm you down. Still, it didn't help to slow your racing heart.

You turned the corner and there they were.

They were very tall, instantly making you think they were Galra. Their armor was various shades of grey. Orange and blue markings littering the suit as well. As they walked closer you could see purple under their helmet, making you realize that your suspicion about them being Galra was probably correct.

"Oh, is this the new (f/c) Paladin I've heard about?" They said in an accent. 'A man,' you thought.

"Who are you?" You asked harshly.

He chuckled slightly. "You need not to know, as I am going to kill you."

He rushed at you, and that's when you glanced into his eyes.

They were a bright shade of yellow; a great contrast against his blue irises. You immediately felt drawn to them—to him, as if you should stop fighting. Yet you found your sword colliding with his, a metallic clang echoing through the castle walls.

"Hmm, could you be an opponent worth my while?" He smirked before knocking you out of the way.

You fell to the floor with a thud, your sword falling out of your hand. Looking up at the Galra you were instantly entranced. You physically had to shake your head to snap out of it.

"Ah, too bad, but whatever, maybe a different Paladin will be a worthy opponent." He charged at you once more.

You quickly dove for your sword, picking it up in time to deflect his hit. He kneed you in the side, causing you to roll over.

You groaned in pain; from falling, and from getting kneed in the side. You were sure you would have a bruise later.

His sword was laid upon yours; his leverage to push your blade. Slowly he had pushed your sword close to your neck, still getting closer with every passing second.

You felt the cool floor of the castle hit the back of your neck, as you recoiled backwards at the feeling of the sharp blade touching your neck—wedged between the plates of your armor. That's when you were forced to look into his eyes.

Time seemed to slow down. All you could focus on was the sight of his eyes boring into your own. Your heart started to pound; you couldn't tell if it was the fact that the blade had once more pressed against your neck, and you had no chance to escape; or if it was him that was causing this.

Was he... your solemate?

The only thing able to force you out of your trance was the pain the blade cutting into your skin brought. You fought back. But something strange happened.

The Galra slowly started to pull away as his face relaxed—besides his eyes, which were opening wider every passing moment. He stood up after sheathing his blade. The look on his face was unmistakable; he was thinking the same exact thing.

You grasped his outstretched hand, pulling yourself up along with his help. He didn't let go of the hand, taking your other into his as well.

He smiled slightly, showing his canines. "I have waited ten-thousand years for you, my dear."

You blushed, not knowing what to say.

"Who thought my enemy would be the one I was supposed to spend my life with?" He gently cupped the side of your face in his hand, tangling his fingers into your (h/c) hair.

"The universe has a weird way of bringing people together, don't you think?" You said, leaning into his touch.

"I'd say yes." He pressed a kiss to your forehead.

It took a long time to convince everyone else that Lotor wasn't a threat, and that he was your solemate. It didn't matter to you who he was, or what he came from. He was your match, and that's all that mattered.
.
A/n: I know the quintessence is what is keeping the Galra alive for thousands of years. I just thought it would be a cute idea :)

Until next time.

~Becca