Pidge | Happy Birthday

A/n: This one is for my little sister. You aren't so little anymore, are you? I can't believe you're 13, a teenager! What it this?! I love you sis 😘

Word count- 818 words.

Enjoy~

Your POV

You didn't remind any of the Paladins that it was your birthday. You didn't want them to fuss over you, having to buy gifts and throw you a party. So they didn't know that it was going to be your 16th birthday. Or so you thought.

It was late at night. You thought you had succeeded, not giving any hints to the team that today was in fact a special day. You were getting dressed for bed, ready to fall asleep, as today had been a tiring day.

You were about to crawl into bed when someone knocked in your door. You almost let out a groan, as you really wanted to sleep, but you didn't. "Who is it?"

"Pidge. Can I come in?"

You always left your door open to your girlfriend Pidge. There was never a time that you passed up the opportunity to hang out with her. "Yeah."

Pidge walked in, holding later box in her arms. You let out the groan you were holding. Pidge remembered didn't she?

"I know. I know, you've told me before. You don't want presents and a party." Pidge said, setting the present in front of you. "I just thought you deserved it."

You looked at the gift. It was a quite large box, and by how Pidge was carrying it, it was heavy too. It was beautifully wrapped with (f/c) wrapping paper. There was also gold ribbons and a bow, making the present  even more beautiful.

"I had to ask Hunk to wrap it." Pidge admitted. "I tried so hard. But wrapping-paper is impossible."

You let out a laugh. "Yes it is."

A brief moment of silence passed between the two of you. But it was Pidge that finally spoke up. "Why don't you open it?"

You reached for the gift. Just like you had suspected, it was quite heavy, but not that bad. 'I might as well open it,' you thought. Pidge had gotten it for you, despite you not wanting gifts.

You pulled the bow off of the box, making the ribbons fall off as well. Ripping the wrapping paper off revealed a cardboard box. You lifted the flaps up, only to see something at astounded you.

In side of the box was a small robotic cat. It resembled the Voltron Lions, just much, much smaller. The white cat looked up with you with glowing yellow eyes.

"P-Pidge, how?" You smiled as the cat purred and tried to climb over the edge of the box.

"I built it." Pidge rubbed the back of her neck as her cheeks dusted a light pink. "I thought it would be a good idea. We have our Lions and you have yours, you know?"

You lifted the purring robot out of the box, smiling at it in awe. "Pidge, I love them so much. Thank you." You reached over, hugging Pidge with the cat between you.

The cat made a noise similar to a meow, making the you two separate. You both smiled at the cat in your lap. "How did you ever build them?" You asked.

"I found one extra materials from when the Lions were built. It was tricky but I eventually figured it out. I've been working on it for months. I didn't think I would finish in time. I almost didn't, so I've been up for three nights working on it."

"Pidge!" You shouted. "You need to sleep!"

"I'm fine. I drank a lot of coffee anyway."

"You're staying here and going to sleep right now, you hear me." You said.

Pidge didn't dare fight back. She had to admit, she was tired. She also knew how stubborn you could be. And it was a great opportunity to get to stay by you. Besides, it was your birthday: another good reason to be by your side. "Okay." She replied.

You scooted over and pulled the covers up, allowing Pidge to slide in under them. You soon pulled the covers over yourself, the cat laying in your lap. They weren't as heavy as you had expected them to be. You started to fall asleep to the purring if your cat.

"Oh, they're a girl by the way." Pidge yawned and turned to look at you. You were asleep, the robotic cat in your arms. Pidge smiled and snuggled up against you.
.
.
.
"Pidge?"

"Mmm." Pidge groaned as you woke her up. "What?"

"I'm going to name her Avocado."

Pidge said nothing.

"Pidge?" You shifted a bit only to find her fast asleep, her face pressed up against.

You smiled and snuggled closer. Maybe getting presents was so bad after all.
.
A/n: I hope you liked it!

Until next time.

~Becca