Lotor | Masquerade | AU | Part 1

A/n: Hey guys! I had a lot of fun writing this one. I hope you like it as well.

Note- The dress and mask pictured below is the one you are wearing in this chapter. Just change the dress to be your favorite color. :)

Word count- 940 words

Enjoy~

You walked down the red carpeted stairs, the (f/c) dress you wore gracefully trailing behind you

You walked down the red carpeted stairs, the (f/c) dress you wore gracefully trailing behind you. The moonlight filtered its way through the skylights and hanging candles that filled the high ceilings of the castle. It reflected off your metal mask, catching the attention of someone, which you weren't aware of.

Music filled the air as people danced in the center of the room. Colorful dresses caught your eye as the people wearing them twirled, making them flare out in a fan shape.

You weren't to social type, but you still enjoyed coming to the balls that were scheduled each and every year for the town to come and celebrate. The music, the dancing, the decorations; it was all so magical.

Yet, you usually watched from a distance, standing in a corner all alone.

But something strange soon happened. A man in an expensive looking black tux came walking over to you, a small smirk pasted on his face. Even with his mask on, you could tell he was handsome. Long white hair blew elegantly behind him. He had a chiseled jawline, and perfect lips with a perfect smile.

"Would you care to join me for a dance?" He asked, his voice being super melodic.

You nodded shyly, slowly taking his outstretched hand in your gloved one. He lead you to the center of the dance floor, bowing before wrapping a hand around your waist, the other taking your hand in his.

You smiled shyly. You never have had the chance to dance, and you hoped with all of the minutes you spent watching, you would be able to.

He started to lead the two of you in small circles, being careful to avoid the other dancers. It started out slow, but quickly sped up. He spun you around and around, giving your beautiful dress a chance to flare out.

You smiled brightly. You felt so graceful, like you could fly.

At that moment the man you were dancing with wrapped his large hands around your waist, lifting you and spinning around for a brief moment.

It was like time slowed down. You stared into his eyes as air blew around you, making a small piece of your (h/c) hair blow into your face.

The moment your feet touched the ground was when it all went back to normal. Your feet matched the rhythm of the music. The rhythm of your heart.

Too soon the music ended, causing the dance with the man to end. In a few moments everyone was shuffling around, pushing you away from the mysterious man.

But a hand wrapped around your wrist a few seconds later, pulling you towards the person. The same mask that you saw a few moments was now right in front of you.

The stranger and you stood there for a few moments of silence, just staring into each others eyes.

"Come with me." He said, sounding as if he was asking a question.

You nodded once more, giving him permission.

He then pulled you a corner of the room, than taking you behind one of the many red curtains.

"You are beautiful." He said, making you look up into his eyes. Every time you looked at them you seemed to get lost.

"And your eyes, they're so enchanting." He took your hands in his.

"Thank you." You finally spoke for the first time being in his presence. He smiled, revealing his canines, which make your knees feel a bit weak. This man, he was just so beautiful.

"May I see the beautiful women under this mask?" He asked. You slowly nodded.

His hands made their way to the side of your face, carefully pulling up on the metal.

"(Y/n)-" Your brother, Keith, suddenly came around the corner. The man in front of you slowly pulled his hands away from you. You watched as Keith glared at him.

"It's time to go." He said bluntly.

"But, Keith, we just wanted-"

"I said time to go."

Ever since your parents had died, Keith had become the parents of the household, as he was older than you. You knew that he loved you more than anything, as he was fiercely protective of you; just as he was being now. As much as you wanted to stay, you knew that you had to listen, or you may never get the chance to try and find this mysterious man once more.

You were about to open your mouth to speak, but Keith grabbed your wrist and started to pull you out of the castle. All you could do was stare into the eyes man that you were forced to leave.

Only after you two had left the castle you ripped your wrist out of his grip. You took off running down the path and to your shared home. You collapsed in the backyard, your dress laying out around you.

You couldn't believe it. You had found someone that you felt a connection with. You could still feel the shadow of where his hands were on your waist, sending tingles throughout your body.

You didn't even get his name.

You looked up into the night sky, gazing up to the full moon, which was shining brightly against your skin.

Somewhere, inside the castle, a man looked up at the moon, thinking the same exact thing about you.
.
A/n: Part two anyone?

Until next time.

~Becca