Matt | Soulmate AU

A/n: Hey guys! I didn't know if you saw the last chapter, but I'm thinking on having a cover contest. If you're interested leave a comment down below! If I get a few people to sign up I'll do the contest :)

Also, thanks for 16K :)

Enjoy~

Your POV

You lounged around the castle like you usually did when there wasn't anything to do. It was a mostly normal day: a few hours of training, breakfast by Hunk, nothing really to do after that. The only different thing was the fact that Pidge was off on her own mission, the mission to find her brother.

You worried for her. You knew that she could take care of herself, but you still wished she would allow someone else to go with her. Right now you wished that person could be you, because you were bored out of your mind. So bored, the only thing you could do was play with the necklace around your neck.

It wasn't a surprise that you found yourself weaving your fingers through the silver chain, because you did it quite often. You did it out of habit or sometimes even curiosity. Who was this person that had the other half of the shape your necklace held? When would you meet them?

At birth everyone was given a necklace, a pendant strung at the end of the chain. This pendant was half of a shape. The shape would be completed when you met your solemate. How they knew what necklace to give you was still a mystery to you, heck, still a mystery to everyone. In your eyes you could only see it to be magic.

Just a few miners later the Green Lion returned to its hanger in the castle, bringing Pidge along with it, and also getting rid of your boredom.

Everyone ran to the Lion, wanting to see if Pidge was okay. Also, they wondered if she found her brother. You could tell everyone was excited to see the possible new companion. Especially Shiro, who had told you that he was Matt's friend before the incident at Kerberos.

The mouth of the Green Lion opened up, revealing not just one, but two figures. You found yourself smiling at the sight. Pidge had wanted this so bad. All of the hard work and time she had put into searching for her brother, it paid off. Because he was now by her side.

It didn't take long for him to approach you and the rest of the team. You couldn't help but admit to yourself that he was handsome. His sandy blond hair matched well with his brown eyes. His smile made you feel warm and fuzzy in the pit of your stomach.

"Hey, guys!" Pidge said excitedly, clutching onto her brother's arm. "This is Matt."

Everyone said hello, smiling at the pair.

"Let me introduce you all to him." Pidge said. She pointed to everyone as she spoke, going left to right. "That's Allura, Coran, Hunk, Lance, Keith, you know Shiro, and (y/n)."

The moment that Matt's eyes looked into your own you felt as if your neck was heating up. You started to feel hot, as if you were standing outside with a fever on a hot day. It put you into a small state of shock. So much that you didn't even notice that your necklace had started to glow and float in the air, it then pulling you towards something.

A moment later you realized that person was Matt. He was getting pulled towards you as well. The necklaces pulled into into a jog, only stopping when Matt and you were about a foot away.

Slowly, the necklaces floated towards each other. The moment they touched they combined, shining a bright gold. When the light faded away you could see that the two halves made a beautiful shape. It reminded you of a compass.

A/n: You can change it if you don't like it

A/n: You can change it if you don't like it. I just found it and thought it was cool :)

The whole shape split up, but this time it didn't split into two halves like they used to be. Instead, they split in half, making two identical shapes. Now you and Matt each had a compass-like necklace hanging around your neck. As they spilt they fell back onto your chest, as if nothing had happened.

The room was silent for a moment as everyone had to process what just happened. Well, mostly you and Matt. A similar event happened a few months back when Keith and Lance had met for the first time. However, it didn't matter that you have seen solemates meeting each other before, you were still in shock.

"H-hi-hi I'm Matt." Matt stuttered.

You giggled, blushing as well. "I know."

He seemed mortified. "Oh-oh my bad."

You already knew you were going to get along just fine; you could feel it. Besides, he seemed just as awkward as you could be.
.
"And that's how I met your father." You told your young boy and girl.

"I did not stutter." Matt stated.

You rolled your eyes and looked at your husband. "Whatever makes you feel better about yourself."

"I hate you."

"I love you too."
.
A/n: I hope you liked it!