Keith | Soulmate AU

A/n: Dedicated to Chiyo_Chan9191 ! I can't wait to see you on Friday! It's been a long ten months without you buddy!

Thank you guys so, so much for 10K! Also thank you all for all of the notes and comments, every one means so much to me!

Here's a Keith chapter for you all! Ready to see how you found your solemate?

Word count- 979 words

Enjoy~

Your POV

You walked down the grey sidewalks, adverting your eyes towards the grey sky. Everything was grey, too grey. Sure, you were able to see black and white too—the colors everyone sees before you meet your solemate, but it was still the same.

Grey, grey, grey...

You wished more than anything to find your solemate. So than you too could experience love, and the sight of all of the colors.

Your mother would often tell you all about them. How they can be dark and light and bright and cool and warm and you just wanted to see them for yourself! No matter how much she explained them you couldn't understand.

Because all you saw was grey.

You were starting to doubt that you would ever find this lover of yours. Sure, you were eighteen, which wasn't old in any standards. But it seemed like each day someone new would find their perfect match.

Screaming and laughing made you turn your head. Looking at the source, you saw a girl and a boy around your age. They were gripping onto each other tightly as they pointed to the sky.

Your heart sunk. It didn't take a genius to figure out why their eyes were opened wide as they looked around in awe. They had found each other—their solemate, and now they could see color.

You kept going forward, hoping to get away from the joyful shouts of the couple behind you.

Tears sprung to your eyes.

You felt guilty for the thoughts you had next, on how you wish your solemate could just show up already. Not everyone met them right away, you knew, but that didn't stop you from wanting them to. You wanted true love like your mother and father did; the way they looked at each other; how they always stuck together through the thick and thin.

You wanted it, along with all of the colors that everyone spoke off. You envied the girls that would show off, telling everybody about the colors that they could see.

"Oh, (y/n)." One looked at you one day in class. "Don't you see that flower on Mr. Coran's desk? Isn't it such a beautiful red, even hints of purple in it. Oh, wait—you can't see colors."

You got sent to detention that day for punching her in the face. That was the only time you were happy you couldn't see colors, because you didn't want to see the blood pouring out of her nose. All you saw was various shades of grey.

Grey, grey-

-You smashed into someone, breaking your chain of thoughts. You then looked up to see the most beautiful eyes you had ever seen. They weren't like you usually saw them; multiple shades of grey and black.

They were the most beautiful color you have ever seen.

The color spread out from the eyes of the man and front of you. Starting at his irises, and making his way out towards his face. Yet, you couldn't seem to break away the gaze you two had.

You didn't even know how to explain the color. Dark? Like the black you have been used to all of your life. But just like what had happened to your mother, the name of the color had somehow made its way into your mind, even with you not knowing what it looked like.

Purple.

It took you a moment to finally release that you were looking into the eyes of your solemate. And the man in front off you seemed to too, as you both lightly gasped.

He had black hair and black fingerless gloves. His jacket was a color you have never seen before. It seemed, hot? Red, came to mind. His complexion was very light, not much different from white.

"I... I'm Keith." He said.

"I'm (y/n)." You said.

Keith adverted his from you to look around. So did you. What you saw almost caused another gasp to escape from your lip.

It was even more beautiful than you could have ever imagined. You finally could see the blue sky. The green grass. The fiery sun. Yet, nothing compared to the beautiful color of Keith's eyes.

You didn't know if it was that you liked the color, or if it was because purple was the first color you have ever seen, or the fact that it was the color of your solemate eyes. But it didn't matter why. All you knew was that Keith's eyes were the most beautiful thing you have ever seen.

You looked up at him to only find him gazing at you, causing you too blush.

"You-You are so beautiful." He said, only fueling his and your blush.

You opened your mouth to say something, but nothing seemed to be able to come out.

You felt the same way about him.

"I-I I'm sorry—I just—I just have been waiting years to-"

You cut him off with a kiss to the cheek. "Thank you. Now, let's go see the world for how it truly is; with color." You took his hand and ran off, pulling him along with you.

Keith coming into your life was the best thing to ever happen to you. He didn't just return the colors to your heart, he gave color to your life, literally.
.
A/n: I hope you liked it! Thank you guys again for the votes and comments!

Until next time.

~Becca