Vampire! Shiro x Werewolf! Reader | Part 4

A/n: Hey my dudes! It's been awhile but I'm back with my New Years resolution—to write more. My second is to drink more water, because I'm so dehydrated that the second liquid touches my lips I swear I can feel my body absorb it.

I thought part three of this work was going to be the last, but part four got requested, and who am I to deny a request (;

Also, please read the A/n at the end for part five! Thank you.

Word count- 1103 words

Enjoy~

Your POV

It's been a few weeks since everyone around your age had found their mates. There were a few younger, but everyone born in the same year as you had found theirs, except for you. Or at least, that's what everyone thought.

You could see the looks other people gave you; pity. Especially your mom, you could tell she felt bad for you, and that you wouldn't be able to have your mate for another year—or even worse, that you didn't even have one at all.

Growing up you didn't understand what the big deal about having a mate was. Sure, you were meant to be with them, but you thought it was weird. And hearing your parents and your teachers talk about what would happen to Alphas, Betas, and Omegas as they grew up was bad too. It seemed like getting your mate wasn't worth it, worth the pain and discomfort of heats and having horny Alphas follow you around.

But when you met Shiro you started to understand. The two of you got along so well. He was becoming your best friend, and every night you would sneak out your window to the woods to spend time with him. So far no one had noticed, as you had gotten quite good at sneaking around through the shadows.

Tonight wasn't an exception. He was near the creek where you had first met like he always was. Every night you'd leap into his arms and hold him close, addicted to the feeling he gave you. Now, you sat between his legs and laid your head back against him, loving the warmth being by him gave you, especially with his strong arms wrapped around you.

You told him about everything that was going on in your village, how the chaos was starting to settle now that everyone's heats had settled down. Some would come back in a month or two, but some wouldn't, not if they had pups coming. You knew you didn't, the blood came this month, and you suspected Shiro knew; both that he was a vampire and that you didn't even know if it was possible to have—pups?—with a vampire.

While that didn't bother you—you weren't exactly sure if you were ready—it bothered you seeing all of the new mates around the village. They were all so close, so happy with each other. It didn't bother you before, seeing them around, but now that you had Shiro... you wished he could be with you more than just these nights—not that you'd give them up for anything, though.

"I miss you during the day," You admitted after waking up. The days you didn't spend talking you made sure to sleep. The best nights of slumber you had were in his arms, and you buried yourself into his warmth even further. His arms wrapped around you tighter.

"Even in the protection of this forest the sun can still reach me," He said. "But if I could stay past sunrise, I would."

"I meant... I meant that we can't have a normal life together." He was silent. "That we can't make friends or walk the village together. Can't have a house together... and have a family together... someday."

"Well..." He said. "We could run away together. Start our own life and rules—since we aren't supposed to be together. We could do whatever we want. Build a house together. Start a family... and if we can't... then you'll be all the family I ever need."

You turned your head to look up at him. A small smile showed off his fangs, and the smile made it to his eyes.

"Really?" You whispered.

He nodded. "Really."

There was a flash of light, poking it's way from the trees; the sun, making its way to the sky like it did every day, without fail. It was bittersweet, being able to see something so beautiful, but knowing it meant you needed to leave Shiro.

"You have to go," You said sadly.

"I do, but I'll be here tonight like always."

You closed the space between the two of you and placed your lips on his. It didn't feel like much time had passed, but when you pulled away you knew it was bright enough out that it probably was uncomfortable for Shiro.

"I love you," You said, saying the words you'd just recently come to tell him.

"And I you." He pressed a final kiss to your lips before pulling away. He started to make his way further away into the other side of the forest. With a final wave from him and a blown kiss from you, he was gone.

You reluctantly make your way back to your house, but quickly, knowing your mom got up just after sunrise. When you crawled through your window you were scared to death to find your mom sitting on the edge of your bed.

"Where were you?" She asked, startling you so bad you almost fell out your window.

"I-I—"

"I knew you smelled different," She said. "I knew there was somebody's scent on you and your clothes." She smiled a great, big smile. "Who are they? Who is it?"

"I... they're..."

"Are they from a a different pack?" She asked. "Is that why you sneak out?"

"Yes. Yes!" You said. "I met him on a walk one day."

"You'll have to take me to meet him soon," She said sincerely, with another one of her smiles.

"I will," You said, sounding genuine, but you were terrified of the thought. You wish it wouldn't be a big deal though, you wanted to have the two people you loved most meet.

"I can't wait!" She hugged you. "My baby is all grown up." She pulled away quickly. "I'll make some breakfast and you can tell me all about him, all right?"

"All right," You agreed. You watched your mom walk out of sight before letting out a sigh. What were you going to do? You jumped down onto your bed, gazing at the ceiling. Shiros words crept into your mind.

"We could run away together. Start our own life and rules..."

Could you really? Could you really run away from everything that you knew. But when you thought about doing it with Shiro, it didn't seem so bad, so hard.

But what about your mom; Could you really leave her after your father died? You were all she had left.

You glanced outside at the sun which was starting to rise. You knew you'd have to make a choice, you didn't think it was possible to have both. How could you possibly choose? And by when? And who?

* * *

A/n: I need your help for part five. There's so many different ways I can write this I just can't choose. Should the reader?...

Run away with Shiro?

Only be able to see him in the forest, away from their villages?

Introduce him to their mom and village even though a werewolf-vampire relationship has happened before?

Or I could do...

Any other suggestions you guys have.

Help would be greatly appreciated and I think it would be fun for you guys too (:

See ya next time, my dudes!

~B