Shiro | Soulmate AU

A/n: Thank you guys so, so much for all of the reads, votes, and comments. I love you guys so, so much! Thank you again. :)

Also, this is one of the best things I've ever written (In my opinion). I can't wait to make all of the rest of the solemate AUs.

Word count- 973 words

Enjoy~

Your POV

Every day grew nearer and nearer. Nearer to the day you would meet your solemate.

00:02:37:53; the clock on your wrist read. Butterflies swarmed with excitement in the pit of your stomach. Just the thought of meeting the person you would spend the rest off your life with was enough to throw you into a nervous filled daze.

The days leading up to the last twenty-four hours of your timer were blurry. You couldn't seem to focus on anything besides the switching of the digits, permanently imprinted on your wrist.

That was, until you looked into the eyes of your solemate.

Yet, you seemed to forget all about it when alarms started blaring all throughout the Garrison. You were outside at the time, as you were far to nervous to even try sleeping.

An explosion filled the air soon after. Curiosity took over, making you walk towards the mysterious dust cloud.

You walked to the edge of the cliff. There in the ground, was a spacecraft. You didn't even need your years of training as a pilot to know that it wasn't a Garrison ship. Whatever it was, it wasn't from Earth.

The hum of a motor soon came into earshot, causing you to look towards the source of the sound; it was a motorbike, a whole bunch of people on it too. Behind them were fighter ships, trying to hit the motorbike.

As they neared, you could start to recognize the faces of the people on the bike. They were a few years younger than you, but you have seen them around. You knew the name of one, though; Keith. He was the one driving the bike.

You just stood there as they approached you, the fighter ships approaching as well.

"(Y/n)?" Keith shouted over the noise. "What are you doing out here?"

You opened your mouth to say something, but a blast hit the dirt between the two of you, causing everyone on the bike to scream.

"Get on!" Keith yelled. You didn't have to be told twice, because the ships were getting closer with every passing second.

You hopped on the bike, taking a seat next to a tan guy, which also, you had seen around. Strangely, in his arms was an unconscious man. He had a scar across his nose, and a white strip of hair hanging slightly over his forehead. You wanted to ask why he was unconscious, but you never got the chance, because Keith flew the motor bike off the cliff. All you could do, along with the rest of the people on the bike, was scream and hold in for dear life.

You opened your eyes when you stopped falling, surprised that you didn't die. Looking around you saw that you were going father into the desert, away from the Garrison. Keith was heading towards something, you could feel it. All you could do was wait.

It felt like you sat in the little old shack that Keith had brought everyone to for hours. But your suspicions were right, because when you looked down at your timer your eyes opened wide.

00:00:00:15

Fifteen seconds? Your heart started pounding faster than it ever had before. You looked around the room at the people around you. You had met them all—looked into their eyes. Also, they all seemed to be unaware of your pounding heart. Unaware that you were about to meet the love of your life.

00:00:00:10

Your eyes widened as you realized that there was one more person in this room that you yet had to meet. You quickly glanced over to the unconscious man to your left. You couldn't help but blush as you looked at the man. Was he really the man you were supposed to be with?

00:00:00:05

00:00:00:04

00:00:00:03

00:00:00:02

00:00:00:01

The man stirred and opened his eyes, immediately meeting your gaze. Your lips were parted slightly, as your jaw had dropped.

The man must have seen your facial expression—wondering why you were looking at him like that as he woke up, because he asked, "Is everything all right?"

You couldn't seem to piece together the right words. How were you supposed to tell him he was your solemate? But you took a deep breath, trying to calm your racing heart; it didn't help. And you said, "I looked at you and my timer went to zero."

He looked into your eyes, then to your wrist, and then to his. You followed his gaze, surprised at what you saw.

He didn't have an arm, well, he didn't have a human arm. His arm was replaced with a metal one; a prosthetic.

He then looked at you and smiled slightly, a faint pink tint dusting his cheeks. "I lost my timer with my arm. I thought I would never meet you."

Your cheeks changed to a bright shade of red at his kind comment. You never thought about what that would be like, never sure if you would meet your solemate. Or even worse, meeting them and not knowing.

"I'm Takashi Shirogane, but please, call me Shiro." He smiled sweetly once more.

You smiled back. "(Y/n), (y/n) (l/n)."

And that's how you met your solemate; the love of your life.
.
A/n: I hope you guys liked it! Feel free to leave a comment or a vote if you did. ;)

Until next time.

~Becca