Sneak Peek

Hey everyone! Here's a little taste of what's to come! Comment anything you'd like to see with Connor and the OC, or Hank, etc. This hasn't been edited, it's just a rough draft.

"Hey!" I pointed my gun at Reed, glaring unapologetically. "You move another fucking inch, I'll shoot you!"

Hank raised his eyebrows, looking between Connor and I for a moment before looking back at Reed. "Don't be an asshole — Lower your damn gun."

Reed continued to glare at Connor, not lowering his gun. "Oh, this is precious — you've fallen for the fucking robot!" Reed snickered, looking at me for a moment before turning his gun to me.

I rolled my eyes, happy he quit aiming his gun at Connor. "Lower your gun, Gavin. Connor is giving me a really good excuse to shoot you right now."

Reed was about to speak again but Hank slammed his fist on the table.

"Alright, that's enough — both of you!" Hank shook his head, standing between us.

"Point your gun at him again, I'll put one between your eyes." I hissed, glaring at Reed as he walked out of the room, smirking at me.

"Hank, I swear to god he should be fired —"

"That's enough from you too." Hank cut me off, making me sigh in annoyance.

Through this whole exchange Connor remained silent, but what unsettled me was he was paying sole attention to me. Not Reed or Hank — his chocolate brown eyes stared at me, making my skin turn hot.

I caught his glance for a moment, shaking my head as I forced myself to look away. "You know Reed deserved it, Hank! He's such a fucking creep!"

"You think I don't know that?" Hank sighed, rubbing his eyes in frustration. "Look, I get that you two have history—"

"Ew, you make it sound more personal than it is." I groaned in annoyance, turning my attention to Connor once again. "You're welcome by the way."

Connor blinked a few times, cocking his head to the side. Hank left the room, leaving us the only ones still in there. "Thank you."

I glanced over at him again, raising my eyebrows at his gesture. I didn't expect he'd say thanks — I didn't think it was programmed into him... maybe it wasn't. "I was joking, you don't have to thank me, Connor. You're my friend."

Connor smiled at me — an actual, genuine smile. Something I had never seen grace his beautiful features. And let me tell you, his smile was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.