The Anniversary

Connor didn't shut down for maintenance that night. He knew after their activities, Tasha would be out cold until at least noon, giving him the time necessary to set up the surprise for the day. As an android built to be perfect and precise, Connor was still nervous as the hours went by, inching closer and closer to the morning.

It wasn't just that he wanted everything to be perfect — no, it was the fact that how the day started would lead into the proposal, and he was terrified.

•••

Tasha could hear the soft singing of birds as she slowly woke. She refused to open her eyes though, preferring to turn onto her front, leaning her head towards the window. Sleepily she pulled the covers up to her eyes, trying to shield the light that was coming through the curtains.

"Darling." Connor called to her, opening the curtains completely. "It's a beautiful day."

Tasha groaned, turning to her other side with a yawn. "Just five minutes longer, honey." Her voice was soft as silk.

She sighed when she felt the bed dip next to her, soft hands touching her face. "Tasha. Wake up, my beautiful princess." Connor cooed, his fingers brushing her hair away from her face.

She couldn't resist when he was being so cute.

Slowly, Tasha opened her eyes, being met with the perfect pair beautiful brown eyes gazing down at her. "How did you sleep, darling?"

Tasha smiled up at him, caressing his face with her hand. "Well, you kept me up pretty late last night."

Connor's gaze fell as his cheeks flushed blue. Such an innocent, cutie pie. "I, well — yes, I suppose we were up quite late—"

"How is it that after being together so long you're still so adorable?" Tasha smirked as she sat up, the blanket falling slightly lower, revealing the top half of her chest.

"Eyes up here, darling." Tasha teased, noticing Connor's eyes linger on the bare skin.

"Why can't I have my eyes stare at all of you?" Connor leaned over her slightly, his hands gently pulling the blanket off her entirely.

"Eek! Connor—" Tasha went to grab the covers, but Connor pinned her hands to the headboard, smirking at her.

"I enjoy seeing you like this." Connor smiled as he looked at her, his eyes tracing her entire being. "You are so beautiful."

"I think you tell me that every day. And I'm grateful for it." Tasha blushed a light purple, "Thank you, Connor." She was quiet for a moment as Connor continued to stare at her, his grip on her hands tightening slightly. "Are you going to do something, or?"

Connor smiled then, letting go of her hands slowly. "As much as I would love to do something, I have other plans for us."

Connor slid off the bed, walking into the other room. "Plans?" Tasha grabbed her silk, purple, housecoat, pulling it on before trailing into the living room. Her eyes widened as she saw Connor standing just in front of the doorway, holding out a beautiful purple box with a silver bow on top.

"Happy Anniversary, Tasha."

"Connor." Tears swelled in her eyes as she wrapped her arms around him, pulling him close. Connor rubbed her back with his free hand, the other holding onto the gift expertly.

"I know that humans celebrate anniversaries with their significant others, and while you hadn't brought it up many times, I wanted to show you how much I love you and how thankful I am every moment that you choose to be with me. I'm not human, but with you I feel like I am."