Chapter Thirty-Six: The Real Enemy

CyberLife threw me out of a black van, onto the side of the road.

I have to get to Connor. Maybe we can stop CyberLife before it's too late.

After the longest cab ride in the century, I arrived at the police station, rushing through the halls until I got into the main work room.

"Tasha!" Hank exclaimed, standing from his seat. "Where the fuck have you been?!"

"There's no time, Hank! Where's Connor?"

Hank nodded behind me, causing me to turn on my heel, meeting beautiful brown eyes.

"Connor."

Connor turned to me, running at me and lifting me off the ground, holding me close

Connor turned to me, running at me and lifting me off the ground, holding me close. "You're here! You're okay! I thought—"

"Connor — yes I'm okay! Look, we need to go!"

Connor grabbed the back of my neck, pulling my lips against his feverishly. I couldn't help but let out a moan as he kissed me with more passion than I had ever felt from him before. "I— I thought—"

"I'm okay, Connor." I managed to smile at him, "But we need to go before it's too late."

I grabbed onto his arm, pulling him towards Hank's desk. "We need to stop CyberLife."

"Stop CyberLife?" Connor said, his LED yellow. "I don't — I don't understand."

"CyberLife is the one who kidnaped me! They

"CyberLife is the one who kidnaped me! They... Connor, I need to tell Markus what they plan to do before it's too late. Please, listen to me!"

Connor blinked, "Markus? Have you... spoken with the deviant leader?"

"Yes," I breathed, frowning slightly, "That's where I went yesterday, but... but on the way back CyberLife kidnaped me. They... try threatened me, beat me...." I grabbed onto his arm. "Connor... they said they'd dispose of you!"

Connor's LED was blinking impossibly fast, flickering between red and yellow. "That's... that's impossible. It had to have been the deviants. They probably tricked you, and—"