Chapter Thirty-Four: The Deviant Leader

Tasha's POV

Connor had been acting... different the past few days. Talking to Kamski lead us nowhere, and Connor seemed not only stressed, but to be also distancing himself from me. He never spoke to me about his meetings with CyberLife, but I was under the assumption that was where his troubles lied.

He always updated them on the progress of the deviant mission, but it never seemed to shake him. Now though, Connor was acting different.

Almost robotic...

*Buzz*
*Buzz*

I was drawn out of my thoughts as my phone buzzed. That's weird. Who the hell is calling now?

Unknown ID

"Hello?"

"Pier 81. Come alone. If you tell anyone, I'll know."

That voice...

The deviant leader?

"Wait, who—" They immediately hung up, causing me to narrow my eyebrows as I stared at my phone.

My one day off work. Can't a girl get some peace and quiet?

I sighed, grabbing my jacket as I walked into the snowy outdoors. I knew I should've called Hank, and Connor, but I didn't want to. I wanted to prove to them I can accomplish tasks on my own. With a last look at my house I turned away, taking a cab to Pier 81.

When I arrived at the pier, I held my gun tightly in my grasp as I walked by the shipment containers. "Hello? Is anyone there?"

I jumped as I heard rattling in a dark corner. "Hello?!"

"You tried to help that deviant on the roof. Why?" A voice came from the darkness, I turned, pointing my gun towards the sound.

"How do you know about that?"

"I know a lot of things." The voice said. "Put your weapon on the ground."

I was hesitant. "How do I know you won't just kill me when I'm unarmed?"

The voice scoffed, but in a soft way. "If we wanted you dead, you'd be dead. I can promise you, no harm will come to you if you do as I say."

I slowly set my gun on the ground, kicking it away. I felt hands grab my wrists, holding me still while the figure came out of the darkness. I struggled slightly against the grasp, but I knew I couldn't fight an Android. Let alone multiple.

The man had deeper skin, a scar along his face, one blue eye, and one green eye.

"Markus, I presume?"

He nodded, "And you're Tasha Price, the well known deviant hunter

He nodded, "And you're Tasha Price, the well known deviant hunter." I was a known deviant hunter, sure, but I didn't think I was nearly as known as Connor. "I'm sure you understand, we have to take precautions." He said, almost looking guilty at me.