Chapter Thirty-Nine: Blood Ties

"Help!"

A small child had been cornered by the soldiers. "Help me!" The kid cried out, causing me to stop dead in my tracks.

"We have to help him!" I cried, looking at North and Connor.

"It's too dangerous, Tasha." Connor said, shaking his head as I turned to stare at the frightened child.

"He's right. There's nothing we can do for him now."

As they began to walk away from the scene, I felt my heart tug in my chest. "I can do something." I muttered as I turned back, running towards the soldiers.

"Tasha!" Connor called after me but I ignored him as I hit the solider to my left in the back of the head, stealing his gun and shoving him to the ground. The soldier to my right tried to grab me but I dodged, shooting him in the head.

"Take my hand!" I told the young boy who looked at me with fearful, yet grateful eyes.

He did as I told him to, grabbing my hand as I ran towards Connor and North.

"Tasha! Watch out!" Connor was running to me, but he was too late.

I let out a scream as the child pushed me out of the way, a single bullet going through my shoulder while the second bullet went through the kids head.

"No!" I cried, my shoulder bleeding as I crawled over to the poor boy who saved my life. "No!"

I turned to my right, the solider walking up to me with his gun pointed to my head. "Put your weapon down and hands up! Now!"

I looked up at him, my eyes void of any emotion except rage as I glared up at him.

"Fuck. You."

The solder was taken aback by my words, allowing me to grab his gun and throw it away, shoving him onto the ground and punching him repeatedly until I noticed a sharp piece of metal lying next to him. I brought it up to his neck and began to stab him over and over again. "You. Fucking. MONSTER!" I screamed, unable to stop as the blood began to cover my hands, and splatter onto my face, arms and clothes.

"Tasha! We have to go." Connor grabbed onto my arm, dragging me through the halls as I felt my adrenaline wear off. My shoulder felt like it was on fire, and I could feel the blood running down my shoulder to my arm.

"Are you gonna be okay?" North asked with a worried expression, nodding to my shoulder.

I nodded. "It's fine. Let's get the fuck out of here."

•••

There's too many of them.

I let out a groan as I jumped out of the way of a bullet, falling onto the ground for a moment before quickly pulling myself back up.

"Ow! Motherfucker!" I cried as my shoulder burned worse than before, the movement clearly injuring myself more.

Stupid fucking bullet.

Connor grabbed my waist, pulling me along with him protectively. "Are you alright?!"

"I'm fine!" I replied as we reached another corridor.

I noticed North was looking behind us, searching for something... someone.

"North, I'm sure Markus will be fine."