The Proposal Part 4

When Connor pulled the car up to the cabin, Tasha felt a wave of sadness wash over her. It had been a while since she had thought of her parents for more than a fleeting moment. Whenever someone died, Tasha didn't grieve. No, instead she didn't speak about it unless it was for a moment. If she lingered too long...

Tasha pushed the sadness aside as she got out of the car, yawning from the long car ride. She glanced around, admiring how the trees looked with the snow lightly sitting on them, the leaves a beautiful mix of autumn shades.

Tasha giggled as she ran over to the old swing her parents had set up when she was five. Connor followed, standing a few feet away as she swung slightly.

"My parents made me this." She explained, a small smile on her face that faded when she remembered when they built it. "My dad made this swing five times before getting an actual swing from the store. He was horrible at DIY projects but we did it together. Mom would read while I'd hand Dad the tools he needed, and helped hold things in place..." Her voice trailed off as the good memories faded, returning to the reality that they were dead.

"Are you going to be alright?" Connor asked, moving to hold her hand soothingly.

She let out a deep sigh. "Yeah, I just — it's been a long time." She laughed slightly, "I thought that maybe everything would be different but it's not."

"I think it's quite beautiful here." Connor said as he pulled Tasha up from the swing. "I can see why you wanted to show me."

Tasha grinned at that, kissing his cheek. "You better leave me some bags to carry, dork."

Connor simply smiled in reply. Tasha let go of his hand as she wandered towards the front door. She stood there for a moment, just staring straight ahead. She was completely lost in her thoughts, until she heard Connor close the car door.

Stepping into the cabin, Tasha felt uneasy as she noticed the photos were still up on the walls and above the fireplace. She cast her gaze away from the photos as Connor stepped in with the bags, setting them down by the door.

"I told you to leave me some bags to carry." Tasha scolded with a smile as she noticed he had carried every single bag, along with the suitcases.

Connor shrugged, something he had adapted from her. "You know I have infinite strength, right?"

Tasha rolled her eyes mildly, "That's not technically true. If you were hit by a car going fast speeds, if it destroyed any of your internal organs you'd still die."

"I don't believe carrying bags would destroy my internal organs, darling." Connor cocked his head to the side slightly as he noticed the picture frame on the bedside table.

Connor scanned the photo, anazlying every detail he possibly could. Tasha was fifteen, and it had been taken during the summer before her parents death. He noted that Tasha had bright purple hair, and two lip piercings.

"You didn't tell me you had piercings." Connor said as he scrunched down his eyebrows, wondering how she was so different back then. She still had that adorable smile, though.

Tasha groaned, "Ew, please don't tell me you're looking at pictures of me."

"There is nothing 'ew' about them. I find them quite fascinating and adorable." Connor replied, defending the photo as he continued to look at it. "It's... strange. I've seen very few glimpses of your younger self in your memories."

"Nothing strange about it." Tasha hummed as she sat down on the bed. "I was a stupid teenager, and a brat. They're not all fond memories that I like to remember. But yeah, I had my lip pierced." Tasha pushed her tongue against the inside of her bottom lip, showing the faint scars from the piercings.

Connor ran his thumb along them, "It seems I still learn something new about you every day." He smiled, kissing her lips gently.

Tasha smiled, but Connor could sense something was bothering her. He didn't know if he should press her on the matter, so he decided instead to try to take her mind off of whatever she was stuck thinking about.

"Would you like to go for a hike, my love?"

Tasha's eyes lit up a bit at that, her smile less forced. "Yeah, I'd love that. Let me get changed first."

•••

A/N: I hope you enjoyed! I can't wait to read your comments and see what you think! I'm having writers block somewhat and I'm feeling very down about the story... I don't feel like I'm doing a good job :/ you guys keep me going so thank you so so much. I just want you guys to be proud and happy with the story. Your comments brighten my day.

I should be streaming around 12pm pst so go follow my twitch.tv/tashaplays1998 @tashaplays1998

Again, if there's any scene suggestions you'd like for future chapters let me know :)