Chapter Nine: Something There

I sighed as I leaned against the wall, waiting as patiently as I could while my thoughts drifted into darkness.

As much as Connor had changed since I met him, one thing would never changed.

He would never love me like I love him.

He's an Android. A detective who wants to complete his mission.

He has no feelings for me.

I let out a small sigh as Connor and Hank left the room, walking towards me.

"The more I learn about people, the more I love my dog."

"Excuse me, Lieutenant. Can you come here a second?" Connor asked, looking at Hank for a moment.

"You find something?"

"Maybe." Connor answered, walking over to the Android in a tube.

"Can you rent this Traci?"

"For fuck sakes, Connor, we got better things to do."

"Please, Lieutenant! Just trust me."

I nearly fell over in laughter as Hank purchased the Traci, "Wow, Hank. I didn't know you needed to get laid that bad." 

Hank snorted. "Careful, or I might just have to call Gavin back here."

With that my lips were sealed, but I stuck my tongue out at him.

I watched with curiosity as Connor linked his memory with the Android. "It saw something."

"What are you talking about?"

"It saw the deviant leaving the room." Connor replied, "A blue haired Traci. Company policy is to wipe the androids memories every two hours — we only have a few minutes if we want to find another witness!"

"Then we better get looking, darling." I replied, walking past the two men to search for the Blue Haired Traci.

"Uh, Connor... what am I supposed to do with this?!" I heard Hank call out as the Android began tugging on his arm.

"Tell It you changed your mind!" He called back as he caught up to me.

I could overhear Hank fluster with the Android. "Uh, Sorry, honey... changed my mind... it's nothing personal, but you can see I'm with him — not with him, with him.. but - yknow-"

"Hank!" I yelled, "Less talk, more looking!"

Connor began to look through any Android's memories to try to locate the Blue Haired Tracy, but nothing worked out. Eventually I found the back room where they wiped the memories.

"Connor!" I called, pointing towards the Android with Blue Hair.

As soon as I called her out, another Android grabbed me by the arm, pushing me into a pile of boxes. "Gah!"

I quickly regained my balance as I ran at the Android, pushing her against the boxes. "Stay down!" I yelled, but she pushed me back, slamming me hard into the wall, making me dizzy for a few moments.

"Tasha, stop!" Hank yelled as I ran after the Traci into the alley.

I let out a squeal as the Android threw me hard against the stone wall, knocking the wind out of me. I gasped in pain as I was left to watch the scene play out in front of me.

The two androids were in love. All they wanted was to be free.

It was beautiful, in it's own way.

I was relieved when Connor spared them, allowing them to run off into the night, together and finally free.

I'd give anything to run away with Connor.