Chapter 123: Unexpected Surprises

Tasha was sitting on a bench, staring into the sunset. Connor sat down next to her, wrapping his arm around her waist. "What are you thinking about?"

"You." She answered, smiling up at him. "Us. Our future together."

Connor leaned down, pressing his lips to hers. "I love you."

Tasha smiled, "I love you too."

Their little infinity was cut short as the sound of a child screaming and laughing came closer and closer to them.

The girl had long, curly, brown hair, the most beautiful eyes Tasha had ever seen — a mix of green and brown surrounding her iris'. As the girl got closer, she beamed at the couple.

"Mommy! Daddy!"

•••

Tasha woke with a start, her breathing heavy as she tried to wrap her mind around the dream she just had. It felt so real. The girl had her eyes — and Connor's eyes. A mixture of their green and brown throughout them. Tasha took a deep breath. It had to be a dream right? It can't be real... but the longer she sat there, the more she felt something inside of her light up at the feeling the vision gave her.

No. That's all it was. A dream. A figment of my imagination.

Tasha laid back down, squeezing her eyes shut but the longer she laid there the more antsy she became. Part of her wanted to wake Connor up to talk to him about her vision, but she knew it would only worry him so instead she let him sleep, and decided to prove it was just a dream.

Tasha went to the corner store, buying a 3 pack pregnancy test to be thorough. It was just a stupid dream. Connor is an Android! But even as these thoughts screamed through her head, she couldn't help but have the smallest sprout of hope in her chest as she took the test.

Tasha's heart thumped rapidly as she waited for the test to change. Slowly, a plus sign came up, causing her to toss it into the garbage immediately and try again, only to find each time the tests came back positive.

Okay... it's just a fluke, right?

Tasha had no more time to take tests though, as Connor was done his updates and had already woken to get ready for work.

Just stay calm. It's probably nothing.

"Tasha?"

As Connor called for her she fell out of the bathroom, tripping on her own feet.

What a great start to the day.
••

Never in a million years did I think this could happen.

Even as a human, the idea of having children was something I always wanted — but once Connor and I got together I knew there was no possibility of us having our own. While at times the thought hurt, I knew there were other ways of having children and if we decided to, we could utilize the other methods.

There were rare times I had even mentioned the possibility of children. Maybe in passing, or in a joke to Hank, but never in a serious matter.

Connor always thinks he's holding me back, and that I'm settling for him when I could have more. But what could be more than spending my life with the man I'm in love with?