Chapter 127: It's My Party and I'll Cry If I Want To

The Deviants decided to throw one of their signature celebrations at Jericho. Even though I knew I couldn't drink, I still wanted to go if only to rid myself of my own misery for one night.

My stomach felt tight when I saw that Connor was already there.

Instead of coming home to his fiancé he decided to go a party.

Right.

That makes me feel really appreciated.

"Tasha."

I sighed as I sat at the bar staring at the drink in front of me

I sighed as I sat at the bar staring at the drink in front of me. "Markus."

"You look down." He sat next to me, a concerned look on his face. "What's wrong?"

"It's nothing." I said with a shrug as I continued to swirl the straw in my drink.

I noticed some female androids talking to Connor, and unfortunately Markus caught my gaze.

"Did something happen with you two?"

I didn't say anything, fighting the tears in my eyes.

"Tasha, you can talk to me." Markus grabbed my hand, giving me his signature smile.

I let go of my drink, pulling on his hand to lead him away from the loud music

I let go of my drink, pulling on his hand to lead him away from the loud music. Once we were in a relatively deserted hallway, I let go of his hand.

"So tell me what's going on with you and Connor."

"Markus, I'm going to tell you something, but you have to promise me you won't tell anyone okay?"

"Tasha, I don't —"

"Promise me, Markus."

With a sigh Markus nodded, "Alright, I promise."

I took a deep breath closing my eyes for a moment before speaking. "Connor's been... distancing himself from me. I don't know why — I don't understand why. He — he's breaking my heart and I don't think he even cares anymore. It's like... it's like he's just a fucking robot." Tears fell down my face.

"Tasha," Markus wiped the tears away with his hand, "Connor loves you."

"Does he? Because I can't remember the last time he looked at me, let alone told me he loves me." I pulled away from his hand. I was silent for a moment as my gaze fell to the floor.

"Did something happen?"

Tasha was hesitant to speak. Markus gently rubbed her shoulder to sooth her. "You can talk to me, Tasha. I'm here for you. Whatever you need."

"I... I'm pregnant, Markus."

"Pregnant?!" Markus eyes were wide as he looked at me. "But — that's not possible... is it?"

I shrugged, "Apparently it is. There's science behind it but that's not the problem. Well, maybe it is, I don't know. When I told him he sounded happy, but then he just pulled away. Maybe he doesn't want a baby."

"Tasha," Markus hugged me. "This is a good thing!"

"Is it? Because the love of my life is out there socializing with strangers when he hasn't spoke to me in forever."

"Look, I'll talk to Connor, ok?" Markus noticed how pale I looked, and a frown came to his face. "Have you been taking care of yourself?"

I shrugged absentmindedly. "Yep. I'm going home. I can't deal with this shit anymore."

Before Markus could stop me I left, taking a cab home and once again was entirely alone.

Why is he doing this to me?!

•••

A/N: More angst and drama because why not. Warning, I wrote this months ago when I was feeling super inspired. Thank you so much for your support.