Chapter Fourty-Nine: Elijah Kamski

I wish we could stay like this forever.

I wrapped my arms tighter around Connor's waist, nuzzling my head against his chest. "We should go on a holiday. Just you and me. We've never been anywhere but Detroit."

Connor pulled back, looking down at me with a smile. "Anywhere you want to go, just say the word and we'll go."

I hummed in response, leaning up to kiss the bridge of his nose. "Surprise me."

Before Connor could say anything else we were interrupted by Markus.

"Don't you two look cozy." He smirked with his eyebrows raised as he looked at us.

I groaned in annoyance. "We were." I slowly untangled myself from Connor as I turned to look at Markus.

"We need to do a diagnostic on your body. Make sure everything's running properly."

"How... how exactly do we do that?"

"Kamski should be by any minute now. He'll hook you up to a machine he designed that should tell us if there's anything we need to tune up."

"No offence but you're making it sound like I'm a fucking car or something."

Markus chuckled, "Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be just fine."

"Sorry to interrupt but Kamski just arrived. He's waiting for Tasha in the operating room."

Lovely.

Walking down the hall made me feel like I was walking to my own death. I felt uneasy, and most of all my stress levels were fluctuating every few seconds.

"Hello Miss Price." Elijah Kamski smiled at me, his eyes taking note of my entire form. "It's good to see you alive again."

I blinked a few times before speaking, "I — thank you. If it weren't for you I wouldn't be here right now."

Kamski merely smiled, pinching my cheek causing me to squeal. "Ow!"

"Sorry, Just a simple test." Kamski looked at me, his eyebrows raised. "You need to change into this." He held out a hospital gown to me, causing me to frown. "I'll be outside, just call me when you're ready."

I nodded in reply as Kamski left Connor and I alone. I held the gown in my hand with my brows furrowed.

I jumped slightly as Connor grabbed the gown from me, setting it on the operating table. "Your stress levels are elevated." His voice was quiet, soothing in a way as he reached for my shirt. I cringed, pulling away ever so slightly causing Connor to look at me with confused eyes. "What is it?"

I shook my head, trying to calm my racing heart.

I don't want you to see me like this.

The thoughts ran through my head as I felt my stress levels go up, my body shaking slightly. I had no idea what my body looked like underneath the clothes —

"Tasha..."

Connor's voice brought me out of my thoughts, causing me to look up at him. "You don't have to be afraid. I'm right here."

That's the problem.

I nodded slowly, letting out a small, shaky breath as I allowed him to pull my shirt over my head. I turned my head to the side, refusing to look up at him as he continued to undress me, pulling my pants off and setting them to the side. I lifted my arms up, allowing him to put the gown on me as my body began shaking more each moment that passed. The inside of my mouth felt sticky, almost like when you bite your cheek and you make yourself bleed.

I lifted my fingers to my face, wiping them across the inside of my lips to reveal the blood that had begun to pool inside my mouth.

That's not worrying at all.

It was in that moment that Connor had his back turned to me. Rather than worry him more, I swallowed the remains of the purple blood, riding myself of any evidence after the fact.

"Are you ready?"

I nodded in reply as I laid back on the table, my hands in fists at my sides to try to calm my shaking body. "Let's just get this over with."

When Kamski walked in, he looked at me with raised eyebrows. "How high are her stress levels?"

Connor's brows furrowed as he looked at me, "Fifty-Two percent."

"And how high were they when she first woke?"

"Forty percent."

Kamski nodded in reply, walking towards me with a clipboard in his hand. "How are you feeling?"

"Great. Just wonderful." I replied, trying my best not to let the stress get to me.

"If we're going to do this I need you to be one hundred percent honest with me, Tasha."

I sighed deeply, closing my eyes for a moment. "I... I feel like my whole body is on fire. I can't stop shaking and each moment I think about... about what happened to me I... the stress gets worse."

Kamski took note of this.

"I feel like... like this isn't real."

"Your mind is finding it difficult to cope with what's happened to you, which is causing your body to respond by raising your stress levels." 

"I... Whenever I start getting too stressed the blood pools in my mouth... I don't know why."

"It's your human parts trying to adapt to your Android parts. You'll have to take thyrium injections daily until your body processes it on it's own."

I was silent for a moment.

"Connor... you've been feeding the cats, right?!

"After everything, that's you're main concern?" Kamski looked at me with his glasses down, a small smirk on his face.

"Haha, asshole."

•••
A/N: I hope you enjoyed! Leave any suggestions :3