Chapter 131: The Incident

Gavin and Tasha went straight to her place, Tasha still jittering from the encounter with Connor. Gavin drank a bit too much, while Tasha stuck with water, though had she not been pregnant she would've been as wasted as he was.

"Gah! I hate him!"

Tasha threw a pillow at the wall, pacing her living room while Gavin stood in the doorway, watching her.

"No, you don't."

"THIS IS ALL HIS FAULT!" Tasha threw a vase against the wall, shattering it into hundreds of tiny pieces.

"Woah, Tash!" Gavin pushed her against the wall, holding her hands above her head as he stared at her. "You need to calm down."

"Calm?! How can I be calm?!"

Gavin's eyes bored into hers and for a moment he felt lost in them

Gavin's eyes bored into hers and for a moment he felt lost in them. "At the end of the day, Connor loves you, you know that."

"We're on a fucking break, how am I supposed to feel the love, Gavin?"

"Last time I checked YOU'RE the one who called the break, sweetheart." He sighed, rubbing her arms trying to calm her down. "Did you ever think that maybe your boy toy is afraid?"

Tasha scoffed, pulling away and sitting down on the couch. "Afraid?! Afraid of what? Commitment?"

"Maybe he's afraid to confront you because he doesn't want you turning off your emotions again. In his wired mind he's trying to protect you — he just doesn't get that he's hurting you in the process."

"I never thought I'd see the day where you, Gavin Reed, would stand up for Connor in our relationship." A sigh left Tasha's lips, but she smiled at him after a few long moments of silence. "Thanks, Gavin. I have no idea what I'd do if you weren't here."

As her eyes met Gavin's, he saw something in them

As her eyes met Gavin's, he saw something in them. He felt his heart race as she leaned forward, closing her eyes as Gavin leant in the rest of the way, their lips meeting.

The kiss only lasted a moment, but Gavin forced himself to pull away.

"I- I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that."