Chapter 110: Twenty Percent

"You've got to be kidding me!"

Tasha groaned into the phone when she stepped into the house, being immediately met by Connor, who tugged her jacket off and hung it on the rack.

"Whatever! Yeah, yeah, I'll get it done by the end of the week, sir!" She hung up, throwing her phone onto the couch in frustration.

"What's wrong, darling?"Connor frowned as he brushed her hair away from her face.

"Fowler is making me take exams! No one else has to! But because I'm the youngest only I have to! It's fucking stupid!"

Connor had noticed the past few weeks that Tasha had been on edge, becoming angry very easily and being hostile to even her friends, sometimes even him, which was unlike her normal self. "You're smart, my love. I'll help you study."

While the concept of Connor helping her study seemed great, Tasha couldn't focus on her studies when he was beside her, because Connor would start kissing her neck, or rubbing her leg. This would lead into a heavy make out session, and ultimately sex.

Tasha groaned the next morning as Fowler slammed the pretest onto her desk. "TWENTY PERCENT?! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS, PRICE?!"

Tasha sighed deeply, "I'm sorry, sir."

"I know you're having a tough time, but I can't play favorites. If you don't pass the actual exam, you'll be benched."

Connor wheeled his chair over to Tasha, frowning as he looked over the test."We went over all of this, why didn't you remember it?"

"Maybe because you can't keep your hands off me for five minutes!"

"I believe that was you—"

"I don't care." Tasha walked away, needing some air as she began to feel light headed.

•••

"What do you want, tin can?" Gavin asked impatiently as the Android walked up to him in the break room.

"I'm in need of your assistance." Connor said reluctantly.

"Well? Spit it out!"

"Your hostility towards me is pathetic, to be completely honest." Connor sighed, "It's Tasha. She seems to be having difficulty studying for her exam."

"So? Why do you need me? You're like a fucking walking google page!"

"While it's true I have all the knowledge on the subjects, Tasha has... had a difficult time as of late, and I believe having you study with her could help her pass the exam."

Gavin was quiet for a moment as he stared at the Android. He didn't want to spend any more time around Connor than he had to, but at least he'd be able to spend time with Tasha...

"Fine. Tell Shortie I'll stop by later today."

"Thank you, Detective."

Gavin sighed, turning his back to the Android. "You can call me Gavin, prick."

"Very well."

•••

"And why do you think Gavin will be able to help me?! He isn't exactly the smartest guy in the world."

"My calculations suspect that having Gavin study with you might help increase your chances of passing as he recently passed himself. Plus, I thought you'd be happy spending more time with him."

Tasha shrugged, "As long as he isn't a dick to you."

Connor shrugged, a habit he had picked up from her. "He's been less hostile recently, as such I don't believe he will be a dick."

•••